46•Going Out

• Maddi POV •

I was currently facetiming with Sadie and Saywer, I was trying to get to what happened with Taylor and Sawyer.

"Is that all?" I asked Saywer, she nodded. She said that she lied about going to Indiana with Taylor and he overreacted and broke up with her, she doesn't think he'll ever forgive her, but since they have an apartment together, he's just sleeping in one of their extra rooms, on the floor.

"You and James broke up right?" Sadie asked, I nodded unsure how she knew that. "Did Carter tell you?" I asked, she shook her head. "You once dated Jacob and Carter, your business is everyones now." Sadie announced. I sighed, "So everyone knows that we broke up?" I asked her, she nodded.

"and there isn't any Carter girl out there that likes that, you know. They all think you're gonna get back together." She said. I sighed again, "I don't get it, I am Maddi not Carter. How do people even get that information?" I asked. Sawyer shrugged, "Some people will make up fake rumors too." Sawyer told me.

"I need a drink, and a long one." I muttered. "Same..." Sawyer agreed. "Wait, we're all single now?" I asked. Sawyer nodded, but Sadie didn't. "Is it the guy who was sneaking out your back door?" I asked Sadie. She shook her head, "That was," She started to say, "That was Matt, but we aren't technically dating." She said. I let my jaw drop so my mouth was open.

"We never broke up, it's just everytime people find out about us, our relationship is horrible. So, we made a rumor that we broke up so people would stop trying to find reasons why we shouldn't be together." Sadie shrugged. I laughed, "That's actually really smart." I said.

She smirked and nodded, "but I still want to join your guys' singles club."

"I'm not really enjoying it." Sawyer mumbled. I did, but I wasn't gonna say anything. "Let's go out, I don't wanna be around you guys if you're gonna be downers and depressed shit holes." Sadie said, "So let me take you guys out, get dressed and we'll meet up at your apartment so we can get a taxi and we'll arrive together." Sadie said, then got out our chat.

"Are you going to do it?" Sawyer asked me, I shrugged, "Like I said, I could use a drink, besides, she called it at my apartment, I can't really back out." I shrugged. "We should probably get dressed then." Sawyer muttered.

I nodded, "See you later." I said ending the chat.

I went to my closet, there was literally nothing in there. Well there was clothes, but not any for going to a party. "Mason!" I called out. It was like he moved in with me, even though he still had school. His school wasn't far or anything so he could just walk, but he was still always there.

"Call Carter so you can-" "I already called, I heard your plans." He cut me off laughing. "I hope you don't mind, Mason. I just want to go it with my friends that's it, I'd say come back when we finish, but it may be too late." I said. He shrugged.

"As long as you come back, I don't care what you do." He said. I nodded and someone rang the doorbell. Either Carter, Sadie, or Sawyer.

I ran down to get it and Carter came in. He grabbed my elbows and spun me around, "You're going out?" He scoffed after he put me down. I laughed and nodded, "I wanna go." He said, I shrugged, "It's a girl thing, for singles only." I told him, even though he is single.

"Too bad, I really can dance." He winked. I shrugged and went back up the stairs. Mason was putting something on my bed. "Oh, hey. I picked you out something to wear." He smiled. I looked at what he put on my bed, a pair of jeans and a plain shirt.

I started laughing and so did Carter. "That's like something you wear when you're going to school." I told him, he shrugged. "I like it."

"Let me see." Carter said walking to my closet. "No, no. How about you guys leave so I can get my own clothes out." I instructed, Mason shrugged, "There's some food down there calling my name anyways." He said leaving. Carter sat down on my bed, "I think you're calling my name." He shrugged.