29•

• Maddi POV •

"Alright, change of plans. We're going out to eat and then we'll go back to Laura's house." Carter told me after he hung up his phone. I shrugged, "Great because I'm hungry."

He laughed at me and started driving in a different route. I laid my head back and closed my eyes.

We arrived in less than ten minutes.

Carter grabbed my hand as we made our way into the restaurant. It felt really nice to be holding his hand honestly. "Laura and Matt already got us a seat." He spoke. I nodded and we found them and sat down.

"How'd it go?" Laura asked as soon as we sat down. I was near the window. I smiled to her, "It was great actually. I think I did okay, he was really sweet." I announced.

She smiled, "Yeah. I already knew how it went, I made sure that he gave me a call before you got here."

I nodded and Carter handed me a menu. A lady came over to our table and asked what drinks we wanted. "I'm not thirsty." I shrugged when she pointed to me.

She was about to put her little tab book in her apron, but Laura stopped her. "Nonsense Maddi, she'll have a strawberry margarita." She said.

"I don't drink." I lied, I still wasn't really sure if I wanted more than just Carter and I to know. Too many people know already. Including Matthew.

"Yes you do." Matthew laughed, I gave him a look. "Oh that's right, mom she's-" I kicked him so he wouldn't continue. I guess he caught on, "She doesn't drink." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Oh come on, have a drink. We're celebrating." Laura edged on. I felt Carter place his hand on my thigh and he squeezed it. "Just one." he said. I frowned up at him and he gave me an assuring smile.

The waitress left and shortly came back with our drinks. She placed my drink in front of me. I stared at it, "You don't have to drink it." Matthew spoke. "No, she'll drink it." Carter smiled.

Matthew and I both glared at him. "Can we have a minute to think about our order?" Laura asked. The waitress nodded then left.

When Laura had her menu up I pinched Carter. "Ow." He snapped. He took my drink from in front of me, "I was going to drink it." He whispered. I avoided eye contact with him as he drunk it down.

"We have to eat fast because there's something waiting for you at my house." Laura said. I nodded.

***

I was currently sitting outside on the balcony from one of the extra rooms in her house, I always wondered why no one ever used it. It was a gorgeous room. The door creeked open and when I turned around I saw Sadie.

I was in here because I needed space from my official welcome back party, two years later and I still felt the same. I was some what expecting Carter though.

"Hey, Sawyer wants to face time." She said sitting down next to me. I smiled and sat up as she set up her phone to face time her.

While it rang she asked how Carter and I were doing. "Great, I think. I'm not really sure. Everything's kind of working out I guess." I spoke. "What about your baby?" She asked. I shrugged, "To be honest, I don't even want one. I'm too young for a kid." I mumbled.

She cocked her head at me, "What?" I sighed.

"Sadie, I'm eighteen. I don't think it's fair that I don't get to live like everyone else, I'm so young and I have to spend the rest of my life raising a child. I don't want a child, I want to be free. I want to travel and be single and do whatever the Hell I want." I said honestly.