25•

You'll understand that picture towards the middle of the chapter .

• Maddi POV •

"Carter." I groaned shaking him, I will never be able to sleep like I used to, so if I can't sleep neither can he. "Leave me alone." He mumbled, then rolled over so he couldn't see me. "Please." I whined, "Go away." He said, I huffed and got up.

"Fine, but if your apartment burns down, don't get mad at me." I said, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. "Don't burn my home down." He sleepily spoke. He pulled me closer into him, "I'll cook for you." He said, "in five minutes."

I shook my head and sat up. "I'm hungry now, that's like saying I'll take you to the hospital when you accidentally get stabbed in five minutes." I said. He flinched a little from what I said. I smiled, "but it would all be out of love, so go cook for me."

He groaned and got up. I was about to stand up, but I got that feeling in my stomach again, the feeling that hurt like hell. "Ow." I groaned holding my stomach. Carter rushed over to my side and grabbed my face to force me to look at him. "Are you okay?" He panicked. I forced a smile and nodded, "Just a pregnancy symptom." I told him.

He nodded still seeming to be unsure about this whole thing, I wasn't so sure myself either. Look at us, a twenty year old and an eighteen year old, having a baby in seven and a half months, our relationship is broken. Everything in my life is broken, I fuck everything up.

"Come on." He said helping me stand up. "What do you want to eat?" He asked me, I looked around the apartment to see if there was a clock hanging. I looked at the stove and it read 5:48am if I was Carter I would've killed me. I pouted and shrugged.

He looked up at me for like ten seconds, just looking. I looked away feeling my eat tips heating up, when I looked back at him he had a smug grin on his face. "I'll think of something."

I smiled and sat on the counter to watch him cook, I rubbed my hand over my stomach, "I'm going to miss being small." I spoke my thoughts aloud, after a few strokes I placed my hand down on the counter. He looked at me and pointed the knife too, where the hell did it even come from?

My breathing increased when he came at me with it and stabbed my hand that was resting on the counter. I screamed in pain, but it didn't really hurt. My nerves caused me to lift my hand up to my face to examine the damage. Carter was laughing his ass off, this wasn't his cute laugh, it was pure evil. I looked from my hand to him, looking for blood.

There wasn't any, and that's why he was laughing. I rolled my eyes at him, "I fucking hate you. You're such an asshole." I scoffed. He got between my legs, "No you don't." He said, I lifted the rest of my body on the counter and scooted further into the counter, away from him.

"Are you really mad at me?" He asked, he had that puppy dog look on his face. I rolled my eyes and crawled off the counter opposite the side of him. "Leave me alone." I mumbled, I'd sit at the dining room table, but there wasn't one. So I walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

• Carter POV •

She left the kitchen about thirty minutes ago, I made her macaroni. I walked into the living room and she was laid out asleep. I smiled and walked over to her, she woke up quickly, I'm pretty sure she was a light sleeper.

"It's finished." I informed her, she sat up and crossed her legs on the couch. I went beside her and handed her the bowl. "Are you mad?" I asked her. She glared at me before eating her food. "No, I just love it when people almost jab a fucking knife into my hand." She scoffed sarcastically. I sighed and grabbed her shoulder and pulled her into me.