26•

• Maddi POV •

"What all can you really do with a baby?" I asked Carter, he looked at me and took a break from his phone. "You're the woman here." He stated, that and some what the father.

"I just realized that I don't have a job." I groaned, I don't know how to handle a baby. I can barely handle myself and Lord knew it was a struggle to handle Mason.

"Stop thinking so hard into it. I love you, okay?" He said kissing the side of my head. I pulled away, not that I didn't want him to touch me, we did only get in an argument that was horrible like seven hours ago. He frowned, "Sorry, it's not like that, but we can't only think about all the positive things, there's so many bad things that could go wrong and babies aren't pleasant." I told him.

He shook his head, "I don't wanna think of that, especially if you want me to think about it with my soon to be family."

I grabbed his hands in mine so he'd look at me, I rubbed over his knuckles, "It's hard to do when my family was one of the families that's gotten ruined." I told him. He nodded, "I know and I'm sorry, but think positive please." He demanded.

"I know what having a baby is sort of like. When Abi was born all she did was eat sleep and poop and if not that she was crying." I informed him. He smiled, "We'll have turns checking on her in the middle of the night." He shrugged. I loved the amount of effort he was putting here. He wants this, he obviously does.

"Can we go see Mason?" I asked, there was a long line of silence. "Are you allowed to?" He asked, I shrugged, "but I'm going to go see him, he remembers me, Carter." I told him. He didn't say anything, he just got up and started getting ready. It felt like all we ever did was sit around in our pajamas all day.

After he came out we got in his car and I gave him directions to the old orphanage and as soon as he got there, I didn't know what to do.

"What if they don't let you in?" He asked. I rolled my eyes at him, "There's no sign that says we can't adopt kids." I said. He looked like he was thinking something over, "Okay, what's our back story?" He asked. I made an annoyed face to him, "We're a couple who wants to look at the middle schoolers." I shrugged.

"No, we're adults who can't have kids because you're infertile and we've tried and tried, but we keep failing so we're going to adopt." He corrected me.

I didn't even wanna know how he knew about infertility.

"Whatever. Lets go." I demanded, I needed to talk to Mason, I needed to apologize for the shit I got him into.

When we got inside there was a man sitting behind a desk, this should be easy. We walked over to him and he looked up at us with an aggravated look.

Well, fuck you too.

"We're looking to adopt." Carter said. I sighed, was he really going to lie? He grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze, basically he was telling me not to blow it. I rolled my eyes and smiled at the man, "Obviously you do, what else would you be here for?" He snapped. Okay.

"Can you just give us the book, so we can see the kids?" I snapped, he looked at me like I was crazy, I gave him a look that basically said 'Go on before you get kicked in the balls' Carter grabbed my shoulder and brought me closer to him, "Sorry, this isn't really a good time for my fiance, we're trying to have kids, but she's infertile, which is why we're here." He spoke.

The man's face informed me that he wasn't buying what Carter was attempting to sale and if he was he didn't really care about all the background information.

"What age?" He asked after getting up, Carter opened his mouth to speak, "Twelve to fourteen." I cut off his non existent words. "You two look way too young to have a middle schooler." he pointed out. I shut my eyes, just so I could in some oxygen. I was about to seriously hurt this man.