14•

• Maddi POV •

"but never in the way I ever used to." I told him. He sighed and I shrugged, "Sorry. I am gonna go now before things get anymore awkward than they alredy are." I muttered walking away.

"Maddi, you got them hoes." Tyler told me once I got back in the car. I laughed and started back our car journey.

We arrived shortly to the court house with my focus all on the road and Tyler's all in the radio singing every song that would play. Literally.

"Where should I sit?" she asked me. I shrugged, it didn't matter. Just as long as she was quiet. She let out a long and loud breath because she hated having instructions if they weren't direct. I chuckled and went ahead.

The judge, who's name I'd learned was Lily, which was ironic for a judge, gained an enthusiastic look once she saw me. "Ah. Ms. Greene, I have literally been waiting all week to see you again," she soothed. I smiled falsely before taking my seat and waiting for the Sanders family to arrive. I looked around and there were more people than there had been last time.

After a few more minutes of waiting, they finally showed up. I got really happy then sad when I saw Mason. Why doesn't he remember me? I've been there for him almost his whole life.

I heard someone whispering Maddi, thinking it was Tyler... I turned around with a displeased look and scoffed at the police offer, James. I quickly wiped it off my face and smiled at him hoping he didn't see it. He smiled back then pointed to Tyler. Why did I know she was going the be some sort of the reason why I was turning around?

She laughed, "Is that them?" she mouthed. I nodded, she looked them up and down. "Dude, the dad or whatever is hot."

I shook my head and turned around. "Anything new today?" Lily asked. I shrugged, "I thought they had another daughter. She has been missing for this and the last case meaning they lied. Who knows what else they have lied about." I said beginning an argument. "Little girl-" Mrs. Sanders started, but I cut her off.

"Now she is calling me names." I exclaimed prentending to be hurt. "I mean if you're a liar and a name caller..." I trailed. I was getting somewhere... I just didn't know where.

"My own brother doesn't remember me. I believe she did something to him," I blamed. "He isn't even your brother. I wasn't calling you a name. I was simply calling it as I saw it. A child wearing a thong." she stated. I was pretty sure she meant the last words in her sentence to say it like I always had something up my ass.

"Lady, if I'm a child then what does that make you?" I asked. It got really quiet. "I mean, you're looking at my ass. If you consider yourself an adult that makes you a pedophile and pedophiles, last time I checked and sorry if I'm not correct, aren't allowed to adopt orphans." I stated. She tugged at her hair causing myself to smirk in satisfaction. I was currently winning.

"Okay," She said getting up. "Ms. Greene since you are an adult, if you think you have the mother figure then why are you still basically in a foster home? Why do you not have a job? You aren't even in a stable enough relationship to have a kid." she pointed out. I let out a faux gasp. Maybe being an overdramatizing bitch at times paid off.

"Are you telling me, a single future mother, that I need a man to be successful? That once living in an orphanage makes you poor? That having a job is more important than loving your kids?" I asked her rhetorical questions. It was really, really silent for some reason. Surprisingly Tyler hasn't ruined the record.

"You're a mom?" Lily asked. I shrugged, "but that's something Mrs. Sanders doesn't know. Like a lot of other things-" "Bullshit child. You are the one who doesn't know shit, you are literally nothing, but an orphan and you can't even live in a stable enough home for yourself to have kids. You have anger issues and you need therapy so why should the law let you keep Jason?" she asked.