55•Skewel

Our Mason has glowed tf up guys ... 😩

Some time later .

• Maddi POV •

I was laid back on a couch, it was really nice, it had white leather and little red throw pillows. I sat up when Sadie and Matthew came in with a little girl.

"Hi Dakota." I smiled when she sat next to me. She smiled, "Can I rub your belly?" She asked. I nodded, "You guys have a beautiful house." I smiled to them.

Their theme was white, it was Sadie's idea. She's the only woman who'd want white furniture with a three year old.

There were two white three seaters and a red rug in the middle and a big flat screen hung on the wall, there were other decorations, but that's all that matters.

"You still haven't heard from Carter?" Matthew asked. I shook my head, looking down at our unborn baby. I was at least eight months.

I swore to never get pregnant ever again, but he convinced me to try again. Also seeing Sadie and Matthew's faces when their daughter was born.

Carter left after he found out I was pregnant, I don't know where he went, he just left, but I've had eight months to get over him and I'm some what fine right now.

"He'll be here when your son's born." Sadie said. I shrugged and rubbed my stomach, I" should probably go. I'm supposed to go with my mom to lunch." I said. They nodded and Matthew helped me up. "I'll stop by later." I said walking out.

***

"You're so big, reminds me of when I was pregnant with Mason." my mom said. I smiled and she placed her hand on my stomach. "He never kicks for me." she said frowning. I laughed, "he's just really stubborn." I said.

"You know you never kicked? Only when I was eating or if I was sleeping." she said. I nodded remembering all the stories she'd tell me about it.

"I miss dad so much." I sighed. "He would have loved to see me like this, with his grand child."

"Well you can share these memories we're having with your daughter in law." my mom smiled to cheer me up. I nodded and she kissed my forehead.

"Maddi, wake up." Someone said shaking me. I woke up to Carter being in my face, "You're such an asshole. Don't talk to me." I snapped at him.

He looked confused, "What did I do?" He asked. "You won't ever convince me to be pregnant, I hope you know that." I said getting up. I looked down and sighed, I was eight months.

It seemed so realistic. "Why'd you wake me up?" I asked. "You kept hitting me." he mumbled. "Good you deserved it." I snapped.

"Okay what did I do?" He asked chuckling. I shook my head and pulled out my phone. Being with my mom like that made me wanna actually talk to her, but Laura will do for now.

Besides I said I'd call her when I woke up because today was Mason's first day of school, he's a sophomore now and he hasn't been in school since he got shot.

She answered on like the third ring.

"How did this morning go?" I asked. "Great, he was excited to go. He misses his friends." She told me.

I sighed, "I'm really sorry about everything." I told her. "I know, it isn't your fault." She said.

I shook my head, "that doesn't mean I can't be sorry. Mason was under my watch when it happened. Laura I've costed so many people their jobs." I informed her.

She nodded, "I know sweetie, but nothing is your fault. You didn't force me to adopt Mason and you didn't force Ms. Martin to cover for you, and you didn't ask James to help you either." she said.