20•

• Maddi POV •

I woke up because I heard movement, a lot of movement. I sat up slowly and reached out for Carter, he wasn't there, but I quickly found him. He was pacing back and forwards in his room pushing his hair back from his forhead and occasionally tugging at it.

I was going to speak, but then I remembered that I told him about our soon to be baby. I quickly laid back down quietly hoping that he didn't notice me, praying that he didn't. He wasn't sober and that was probably the only reason why he acted so calmly.

"Don't fake like your sleep, get up." He snapped. I slowly sat up, he'd caught me. Not like I was getting out of this one. At least not this time...

"Did you tell me that you were pregnant last night?" He questioned. I didn't respond, I had two choices... I could tell the truth or make up some lie about him being delusional. "Maddi, answer me." He spat. I needed to tell him anyways, the sooner the better.

"Yes." I quietly stated. He sighed, "We can't raise a baby, Maddi! How long have you known this!?" He raised his voice. I started getting out the bed, "A while ago." I answered honestly.

"Why'd you just now tell me!?" He spoke way louder than I did. Which honestly frightened me. "I didn't know how to. I had just got you back and I didn't think it through." I defended myself. He shook his head, "You fucking lied to me, what were you trying to do!? Make sure I was good and yours to tell me I knocked you up!? Because that's so fucked up, Maddi and you know it! What else have you lied about Maddi!? or is that your really fucking name!?" He yelled.

-sorry lmfao I just had to ^^-

Any moment now, I could cry. And not only because of his putting me on blast, but because my name wasn't even Maddi.

"Fuck. Talk to me." He said calming down after a couple more minutes of pacing. He walked over to me and cupped my face, "Is that all I should know?" He spat. I wanted to push my head into his head and give him a bruise. I shook my head, "What else then?" He asked.

That's when I had my epiphany.

I yanked his hands away from my face and pushing him back a little. "Don't talk to me that way, be happy I told you before I was in labor. It's not just my fault and you know that, but for you to accuse me of obvious things is so far, Carter. If you need anything else, you should know where to find me." I snapped then walked out his room.

I sat in his living room alone, just to think, for a while. He never came out to check on me. I was about to give up and just go, but things wouldn't ever work out if I did. So I had to be the bigger person and settle things myself, especially if I wanna let myself and our baby love him.

I slowly stood up sighing and walked to his bedroom and he was sitting on the edge of his bed with his hands tugging on his hair. His head shot up once I entered and he stood up. "I thought you left me." He exclaimed, his whole body softened once I'd walked closer to him. I opened up my arms and let him fill them. He hugged me so tightly and closely.

"I'm not going to ever leave you." I stated honestly. "You did before." He spoke softly. I didn't have a clue of what to say to him, Why is he now bringing this up? "Carter..." I trailed. What he does not realize is that I left him for the benefits of us both.

"I know, I'm sorry." He apologized. I softly thanked him for getting over it so quickly. "I love you." He said, he always said that now. I love you.

He groped me tightly and looked in my eyes. "I need to hear it, Maddi. Please, just say it even if you don't mean it." He begged. I didn't want to not say it, but I couldn't just say false things, especially if it's something so serious. I continued to be silent.

He let me go and backed away. I felt our hearts shattering.

"It's not that I don't love you-" I started, but someone opened the door. I looked over to see Matthew. "I thought someone else was in here, but I was going to ask if you both could like, leave because I have some girls coming over." He said casually. My eyes widened, he just shrugged. "What about Sadie?" I asked. I could feel his heart racing. "We are done. I said that." He scoffed.

I was about to say some thing else, but he left out the room. "Let's just go, he's always like that now and I kind of hate it." Carter spoke. I gave a questioning look. "He's like all fidgety or whatever and demanding, it's like he's afraid to get caught or something." He stated.

I nodded, I really couldn't care at the moment, I had more things to worry about.

Once we arrived at my apartment with Tyler we walked inside, to see her putting on shoes. "Date night with bae." she sung. I nodded, "I guess we're alone for tonight." Carter said, snaking his arms around me.

I was suprised he dropped the whole Say you love me issue.

"I felt like I haven't seen you in ages, you've been with Carter." she told me. I nodded, "plus you look different, you look like you gained a ton. Carter's been feeding you huh?" she asked. "Actually-" Carter started to say, but I pinched his arm and he stopped.

"She's just been drinking a lot of nut, not my last load though." He covered. "Okay, gross." She said, I felt my whole face burning from embarrassment.

I heard a car horn and I'm guessing they heard it too because they looked at the door. "On that note," she spoke. "Bye." she sung then disappeared.

"Why'd you pinch me?" He asked. "She doesn't know, if anyone finds out I could lose my home." I stated. He shrugged, "So? You can live with me." He suggested. I shook my head, "Well, damn." He said, looking genuinely hurt. "I didn't mean it like I didn't wanna live with you, it's just that Mrs. Martin was helping me get my brother back and without her I'd basically be screwed." I assured him.

He shrugged, "So what happens when you start to show badly?" He asked. I shrugged, "I'm pretty sure I'll be on my own by then, with Mason." I said. He shrugged, "I still can't believe you're pregnant." He muttered. I nodded, "I can't believe you didn't tell me either. It's mine right?" He asked. I cringed at his language. It.

"Yes, you're the first, last and only person I've ever had sex with." I told him. He smiled and nodded, "I can't get enough of you." He said.