Jade and Jinx

**Sorry everyone, this is a very short chapter but the last line in this chapter felt like it had to be the last line. I'll try really hard to make the next chapter longer but I never know where the keys will take me.

Jinx is quiet now as silent tears roll down her face.

{Why would they lie about me being dead? How did they get a picture of my body like that if I never died? Why would Headmistress want me dead and what does this project CADMUS have to do with any of it?}

I look at Jinx.

{How could they do that to her if they knew how much I meant to her.}

I look over at Raven, meeting her gaze. She nods.

"I'm going to go fill the rest in on the ending of the story. Maybe we can come up with something about CADMUS."

"Alright, thank you."

She stands up and walks to the curtain. She looks back at Jinx and then at me.

"Help her." She mouths at me before disappearing through the curtain.

I hear the main door open and close before it's quiet enough that I can hear the soft beeping of the EKG. I study Jinx as she sits there staring at the bed with tears still falling from her face, her hand wrapped around the charm on her necklace.

{To have to go through all of that and still stay there, I couldn't imagine how much pain she must have gone through. I can understand why she stayed though, it was where all the memories of me were and she didn't know what to be without me. I would have stayed if the roles were reversed.}

I continue to stare at her.

{I don't even know what to say. It was at least two years ago that this happened. There is nothing I can say that can fix what happened. She had to completely change who she was to get through it all. From the way she talked about herself then to how the Titans talk about her now, the difference in character is huge.}

She grips onto the necklace tighter.

{What would I want to hear after all of that.}

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry."

She jumps a little at my voice before looking up at me.

"I'm sorry that that happened. I'm sorry they lied to you about my death. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that pain alone and pretend that it wasn't there. I'm sorry you had to bury who you really are and pretend to be something you're not for so long. You don't have to anymore, you can be yourself with me. I won't judge you and I don't judge you for what you've had to do these past few years. I understand why you did what you did, it was easier than hurting."

She starts shaking as the tears fall faster.

"I promise you Jinx that I am here for you now. Yeah I know it's not the same, I know I'm not the person you remember but I swear that I will try to be the person you need."

Her whole body freezes, she closes her eyes. Taking deep breaths over and over again. She wraps her arms around herself, squeezing so hard as if she'll break if she doesn't.

{What do I do? She's so sad and broken. I wish I could remember, I wish I knew what Shadow would do.}

My body reacts before the complete thought is through my mind. I lift up my shirt and take the tops off of the sticky pads from the EKG and let them fall to the bed. I take the oximeter off my finger while checking to make sure the IV is long enough. I quickly undercover myself and look at Jinx as she starts to hyperventilate.