Promises

*For those who have never seen Teen Titans, the gif for this chapter is from when Raven hid the truth from everyone.

The Titans stare at us, their breakfast completely forgotten on the table in front of them. Robin stands with his hands balled into fists pressing against the top of the table, his face giving nothing away to what he is feeling, just like he was trained to do. Starfire sits with her hands covering her mouth as tears stream down her face. Cyborg also stands, his arms crossed over his chest, with the top one squeezing the other one really hard. Beast Boy sits with his hands under the table, his face a mask of sadness and worry, his eyes still on Raven.

{He hasn't stopped watching her since we started talking.}

I look at Raven, barely able to see her face hidden inside the shadow cast by her hood.

{She didn't want them to see that she was crying, but I wonder if Beast Boy already knows and is worried.}

She must sense me staring at her because she reaches over and grabs my hand. She gives it a hard squeeze as she looks back at me. I find her purple eyes inside the darkness.

{She's still sad but at least there's a little hope in her eyes now.}

"I do not understand." Starfire speaks up.

We both look back at the Titans our hands still joined, Raven's grip still tight.

{She really is afraid I'll disappear.}

Starfire's hands are now on the table but her eyes are still damp with tears.

{Raven didn't want to lie to them or keep it a secret. She said last time she kept a secret like this from them it didn't end well. So I told them everything Caitlin had said to me about the unstable energy and how much time I had left. Each of them reacted differently, leaving us to where we are now.}

"Caitlin told us that we had a month, now you're telling us that we have a little over a week at best?" Robin asks as he presses harder onto the table.

I nod.

"But how?" Starfire asks, "Where did all the time go?"

"My energy is getting more unstable, my body can't handle the damage it is taking so it's killing me faster. Instead of the month we originally thought that we had, now it's more or less a week."

"Isn't there anything we can do to slow it down?" Cyborg speaks.

I shake my head, "As long as the other half is gone I will continue to get worse."

They all sit there looking at us with hopeless eyes.

"We have to find the other half." Raven says taking a step towards everyone.

"How? We have no idea who took it or where it is?" Cyborg asks uncrossing his arms.

"We already have a plan, we just have to move it along faster."

"It's impossible to do it all in a week Raven." Robin explains removing his hands from the table while standing straight.

"No it's not." Beast Boy finally speaks.

We all look at him as he stands up and moves towards Raven and I.

"We can do it because we have to." he says as he stands beside Raven, "We have to have faith and believe that we can. If we don't at least try then we're giving up on Jade."

"Beast Boy we would never give up on our friend Jade." Starfire exclaims jumping up.

"Then don't quit so easily. Don't assume we are going to fail or we will. We are the Teen Titans, we always fight on, no matter what. You have to believe that everything will work out. If you can't fight and have hope then you aren't a real Titan."