Into the H.I.V.E Pre First Mission

**Everything in italics is Jinx's memories. 

***Jinx's background is completely made up by me and her personality is kind of different as well.

Jinx nods before gently sitting on the bed by my feet.

"When there was a new recruit to H.I.V.E. they spent the first week being evaluated and tested."

"Why?" Raven asks.

Jinx looks over at her, "They said it was so they knew what to do with us. What kind of training to use, who to partner us with, and how to push us. I'd already been there for a few months before Shadow showed up. So I already went through my evaluation."

"So who were you partnered with?" I wonder.

"No one." she looks at me and blushes again, "Until you showed up."

{Why does she keep looking at me like that?}

"When we first met we didn't exactly get off on the right foot."

{She keeps saying "we" and "you". I better go alone with it so I don't upset her more.}

"How come?"

"You were younger and weaker than me at the time and they paired us together. I was angry because I thought you would hold me back. So when they had us meet for the first time, I ignored you. I wanted nothing to do with you."

"What about me? How did I feel about it?"

"Couldn't tell ya, you didn't show much emotion in the beginning. The emotion you did show you tried to hide from everyone."

"Why?"

"They wanted you to be able to control your emotions so you could gain better control of your powers. A lot of us had to do this for a while until we were able to control ourselves. I could control my emotions by this point."

{The flashback I had before of Headmistress and I in the car, she was teaching me to shut everything off. I guess they kept that going.}

"When they introduced us to each other they wanted us to show to each other what we could do. So I took that as a chance to show off and prove to the teachers that I needed to be put with someone older and stronger. Little did I know how strong you were."

"Alright Shadow, why don't you show Jinx what you can do and then she will show you what she can do." the teacher explains.

I just stare as Shadow makes her way to the front of the training room her face towards the floor.

{What she doesn't talk? Her emotion training must be going rough, she looks like she's completely shut down.}

She stops and takes her hands out of her hoodie pockets as she looks up, waiting patiently for the cannons and the dummies in the room to activate.

{The cannons fire very heavy balls. They won't kill you if you get hit but you'll get seriously injured. The dummies attack you like a person would, depending on what setting they're on determines how they attack. They want us to be able to do hand to hand as well as using our gifts.}

I glance back over at Shadow.

{There's no way she can defend herself with the dummies if they turn it too high, she's too scrawny.}

"Ok, begin."

I watch as everything comes to life. The cannons go off first, each one shooting a ball.

{They aren't doing one at a time today, they shot all three at once.}

I look back over at Shadow and see that her eyes and hands are glowing.