Thank You

Short but very very important!

"NO!" Jinx screams.

I don't turn around as I hear her struggling against the man holding her. Raven tries to stand up but Slade grabs her shoulders and pushes her back down, she tries to yell under the tape but it only comes out as muffled sounds.

"Let's go, we don't have much time left." Echo demands impatiently.

I take a deep breath as I take a step forward. Raven becomes louder in her chair as I continue to hear Jinx struggle.

{If I look at them I won't be able to do this.}

I continue walking towards Echo.

{I have to do this to save them, nothing else matters.}

"I'm sorry." I say quietly.

I stop in front of the amp looking machine beside Echo's tube. I glance it over.

{The two holes are slots for hands, above the slots is a straight gauge started with red and ending with green.}

I glance down at the device still attached to my wrist.

{Kind of like mine but backwards.}

I look over the amp once more before looking at the wires hooked to the tube.

{I'm guessing this will suck my energy out of me and transfer it through those wires into the tube.}

"Not exactly." Echo speaks up, "The machine will transfer your powers to me just now how you think."

"But you said that the machine I was originally hooked to pulled my energy out."

"Oh that machine did but this is a different version. When the first one went up in smoke they had to build a new one using the leftover parts from the old one that weren't damaged."

"So how does it work then?"

"You have to feed it your energy."

I look at the slots before slowly lifting my hands to look at them.

{My body won't be able to hold out that long. It will feel as if every part of me is being ripped to shreds. How do they expect me to hold on long enough to transfer everything?}

"You won't have much of a choice. Bring those two closer."

I hear feet being dragged as well as muffled screams. I turn and watch as Slade, and the guy that was holding Jinx, push them onto their knees a few feet away from me, close enough that I can see the tears in their eyes.

"The second you stop feeding the machine energy is the moment we kill them both."

Slade and the guy both pull out handguns and point them at Raven and Jinx.

"You said you wouldn't hurt them!" I yell facing back at Echo.

"And I won't as long as you don't stop."

I glance quickly at the two most important people in my life before looking at the machine that will take me away from them, that will save them. I start gathering energy into my palms, I see out of the corner of my eyes as they begin to glow. The gauge on my wrist starts to move.

"Shadow don't!" Jinx says quickly.

I close my eyes and turn my head giving her one of my smiles, I hear as she takes a surprised intake of breath.

"Everything is going to be okay. You guys will be safe, you'll be okay."

I face the machine again and open my eyes, my heart breaking more and more with each breath.