Preparing for Battle

*So close, ugghhh

"Did you get it?" I ask the boys as us girls sit on the couch with the boys standing in front of us.

Robin nods, "We did."

"And you really think you can rebuild it to help Jade?" Raven wonders as she looks at Cyborg.

He nods, "Especially with these." He pulls out a large rolled up piece of blue paper.

"What is that?" Starfire speaks up.

"Blueprints for the machine, they will help me to understand it better."

"We found them while searching the building, we didn't leave until every room was searched." Beast Boy explains.

"What else did you find?" Caitlin asks.

"Nothing that would help us." Robin explains as he quickly glances at me.

{Why'd he look at me?}

"What else did you find then?" Raven asks.

Robin looks away from us as he sighs.

"They have a right to know." Beast Boy tells him.

{Is he referring to Raven and I?}

Robin pulls out folded up pieces of paper from his pocket and two white envelopes, all of them looking as if they are older.

"While searching the place we found a room where someone must have been staying. There was a bed and a desk inside. Upon further investigation we discovered it was Jade's room before the cloning started."

"What?" My heart jumps.

"How do you know?" Raven quickly asks.

"These were on the desk covered in dust." He hands one of the envelopes to me as well as one of the folded papers and the others to Raven.

I carefully take them into my hands immediately recognizing the hand written on the front of the envelope.

"This is Shadow's hand writing."

{Why is the envelope so heavy?}

I carefully open the folded paper, making sure not to rip it. I freeze, my breath catching in my throat as tears form in my eyes.

{Oh Shadow.}

I stare at myself drawn onto the piece of paper I hold. Perfectly drawn with a smile on my face.

{You were always thinking of me, all the way up till they put you under.}

"How is this possible?"

I look over at Raven and see that her eyes are huge and her face pale.

"Robin, are you sure these are from before the cloning started?"

He nods to her, "The paper is too old to have been from any other time."

"But how could she have?"

I sit up more and lean towards her to see the paper in her hand. My eyes grow as well.

{That's...}

"Drew me?"

On the paper that Raven holds in her now shaking hands is a drawn picture of herself.

"This is impossible. Jade couldn't have drawn this." She quickly looks back up at Robin, "She didn't know about me till after she woke up."

"That's what we thought until we read that." He points at the envelope in Raven's hand.