Shadow and Jinx

**Sorry for another short chapter but the next one will be long.

"I'm so sorry for attacking you. If I'd known it was you I never would have."

I look back over at Jinx as she stands near the bottom of bed with her arms folded over her chest. 

{Why did she turn her face away?}

"It's ok, I'm not blaming you. I should've said something but I didn't. I didn't want to take the risk of you not knowing me."

She chuckles a little.

"What?"

"It's just funny hearing that from you. You don't remember me, you don't even remember who you are."

{They told her.}

"How much did they tell you?"

She finally turns her head back towards me.

{That's why you turned away.}

Her eyes are red with unshed tears in them.

She looks me over again and at Raven, "All of it."

I nod my head once, "I see."

"I thought it would be easier if she knew before you woke up." Raven explains letting go of my hand.

"Raven told me everything and why you came looking for me. You want to know about what happened during your time at H.I.V.E."

I nod my head again.

"You really don't remember any of it?"

"I get images but not enough to really remember anything."

She unfolds her arms, "Then why save me?"

"Huh?"

"When the others were attacking me, you jumped in between us and saved me knowing what it would do to you. If you don't remember me then why jump in?" she grips the end of the bed hard as tears stream down her face.

Emotion stirs inside of me.

She looks down,"I recognized your energy when you used it to stop my blast. I would recognize it anywhere, but I knew it couldn't be you. I kept telling myself it wasn't possible, because you were dead!"

{She really did think I was dead.}

I can see as tear drops fall from her face.

"As I watched you though, something stirred inside of me. It's like my heart knew." she lets go of the bed and walks towards me but keeps her head down still, "When Raven appeared and held you, the idea of it really being you grew. I always thought you two were sisters since you looked so much alike. I wanted to see for myself so I walked towards you." she stops beside me with tears still falling, refusing to look at me.

I hear the monitor start to beep faster as my heart begins to race.

{Why do I feel nervous all of a sudden?}

"When you stopped Raven from attacking me. My hope grew more, and then when you looked at me it felt like everything disappeared. It was just you and I, like it used to be."

{That's how Beast Boy managed to attack her. All her focus was on me.}

"When they called you their friend and said your name was Jade. I didn't understand, it felt like the hope was sucked right out of me." she brings her arms up and wraps them tightly around herself, "I didn't have the strength to defend myself after that. I let them attack me, I just wanted to look at you." she lifts her head up and finally looks at me again.