Tofu

{I picked a good hotel last night. The bed is so comfortable.}

I open my eyes and see purple and blue. I sit up and look around the oddly decorated room.

{Oh yeah, I'm in the Titans' Tower.}

I get up and change into regular clothes.

{I met my sister, she loves me, and is letting me stay with her.}

"Good morning."

I turn towards the bathroom as Raven walks out dressed and ready for the day.

"Probably the first good one I've had."

"The first of many I hope."

I nod in agreement.

Knock! Knock!

Raven walks over to the door and it slides open to Beast Boy standing on the other side.

"Morning hooded sisters." Beast Boy smiles.

Raven and I both pull our hoods up.

"What do you want?" Raven asks.

I come up behind her waiting to see what we're doing.

"Came to tell you that breakfast is ready. I made tofu eggs and bacon."

{Tofu?}

"You're the only one that likes that stuff." Raven explains.

He steps aside so Raven and I can step into the hall. The door closes behind us. We start walking. I'm behind Raven as she walks beside Beast Boy.

{Do they like each other?}

"Have you ever had tofu?" Beast Boy asks turning his head towards me.

I shake my head at him.

{Starfire is easy to be around but the others I'm still nervous of.}

Raven turns her head a little to look at me then Beast Boy.

"He's a good guy, if you can handle all the lame jokes." Raven explains with a sigh.

"Was that a compliment?" Beast Boy asks with a smile and wiggling eyebrows.

Raven pulls on her hood trying to cover her face more.

{Is she embarrassed?}

"No, I was just helping break the ice." she explains standing straighter.

We stop in front of the common room doors. Beast Boy turns and faces me while Raven pulls her hood off.

"I got this." he says moving his ears.

Raven folds her arms. I look at her with worry. She nods at me.

{She trusts him, I should too.}

"Why did the cookie go to the doctor?" Beast Boy asks with a grin.

I shrug and look at my feet.

"Because he felt crummy." he laughs.

I smile and try to hold in my laugh but a little chuckle escapes.

"See? She thinks I'm funny." he says looking at Raven.

She unfolds her arms and comes and stands beside me, "Statistically, someone has to."

Beast Boy shrugs and turns towards the door as it slides open.

"It's ok to be nervous but trust me they're all good friends." Raven explains patting my shoulder.

"Just not use to being around people. Not use to having conversations."

"They're easy to talk to, I promise." she walks into the common room.

{I can do this.}

I take a deep breath and follow Raven.

"Jade hello! Good morning!" Starfire yells waving to me.

The door closes behind me and the other Titans besides Raven look at me. I pull my hood down more as my cheeks and ears start to burn. I walk over to where Raven is sitting on a stool in front of the kitchen bar and take a seat next to her.

"Beast Boy cooked so better watch it." Cyborg warns sitting on the sofa as the middle of the giant window becomes a screen with the news on.

{Wow! That's so cool.}

"My food is better than that meat that you eat." Beast Boy explains.

"Meat is delicious. Sweet, juicy meat." Cyborg says drooling a little.

"Dude, I've been most of those meats!"

{Explains what tofu is.}

"Everything tastes better with this." Starfire explains setting a big yellow bottle beside me.

{Mustard?}

"I put this on the pancakes Raven made and it was delicious."

"Let's not talk about Raven's cooking. My stomach still gets upset thinking about it." Beast Boy sighs as his face turns even greener than normal.

{Was it that bad?}

I look over at Raven and she just shrugs.

"Here you go. Bottoms up." Beast Boys smiles sliding a plate in front of me.

I look down at the funny looking food. I pick up the fork and freeze feeling five pairs of eyes on me. I continue to move my fork to the plate picking some food up.

{Why are they all watching me?}

I put the tofu eggs in my mouth and slowly chew.

{Tastes bland and squishy, but besides that it's ok I guess.}

"Well, do you like it?" he asks me as I swallow.

I look around at them all as they lean in closer waiting for my answer. I nod and put more on my fork and eat until the plate is empty.

"Guess someone else likes tofu too." Beast Boy says smirking at Raven.

All the Titans shake their heads but have grins on their faces. I put my fork down and smile at them.

"Thank you for breakfast." I say to Beast Boy as he takes my plate.

"No problem. It's nice to have someone else around here who appreciates my cooking."

"She'll be the only one." Cyborg says turning the screen back into a window.

{It's really not that bad.}