Place to Stay

Raven leads me down the hallways to her room.

"Might take you a little while to get use to my taste." she explains as we stop outside the door that says Raven.

"I've been living in hotels, abandoned buildings, and the street. I'm sure it'll be ok." I smile.

She smiles back and reaches for the door.

"Raven! Jade!'

We turn around as Beast Boy and Starfire run towards us. They stop in front of us both holding things.

"My bag." I say as Beast Boy holds it out to me.

"I figured you might want it. Sorry that we took it." he says as he hands it to me.

"It's ok, I understand." I smile as I take it.

He nods and steps back so Starfire can give me what she has.

"I hope these fit. I found them and figured you'd like them."

I look at the clothes she has. She's holding a few pairs of jeans and hoodies. Plus shirts, socks, and under garments.

"Thank you so much. These are the only kind of clothes I like to wear. They're even my favorite colors."

{Blue and black hoodies and shirts, and regular blue jeans.}

"I figured you'd like dark colors. You are Raven's sister after all." she chuckles handing them to me.

"Thank you both."

They both nod and smile before turning and going back from the way they came. I turn to Raven and she nods. We go into her room and the door slides shut behind us.

{Wow, she was right. Her taste might be hard to get use to.}

I look around her purple and blue room. The carpet is gray besides a purple rug that starts at the door and goes all the way to the hooded shaped bed. By the bed is a door for a closet. Two little light blue angular walls separate the little room to the rest. To the right of us is a brown dresser with some weird art in front of and beside it. Beside that is a door for the bathroom, then a green weirdly shaped mirror on the wall. Under the mirror is a chest with the same color as the dresser. To our left is a big bookshelf overflowing with books with another piece of art in front of it with two masks on it, one happy and one sad. Then between that and the angular shaped wall is a purple stand with a purple pentagon shaped mirror above it. There are two lamps hanging from the ceiling. One in front of the purple stand and the other beside the bed hanging from the ceiling.

{I guess besides the art the room is ok.}

"You're the first person to not comment on the strange taste I have." she says helping me to the door that goes to the bathroom.

"I like the colors, I don't know about the art. I've never seen any of them before. The furniture is different too, especially the bed. It kinda looks like your hood." I explain looking at her bed.

I look around for a place for me to sleep, but the bed is the only place.

{Is she going to share the bed or am I sleeping on the floor.}

"What's wrong?" she asks me as she lets me go as I lean against the wall.

"I know you want me to stay but I don't see anywhere for me to sleep."

She looks around and looks back at me.

"The beds big enough. You can sleep with me until we have a room for you."

{A room!?}

I nod too shocked to say anything. She smiles and goes to her bookshelf. I go into the bathroom and the door closes behind me.

{A real shower.}

The bathroom is small. There's just a shower, sink, and toilet. I put my bag and clothes down and take my clothes off. I step into the shower and turn the water on. I let it pour down on me and enjoy the feeling of the little drops on my skin. I wash and rinse but continue to stand under the water.

{I can't believe that they will actually make a room for me. I can't believe she's letting me stay with her, in her room. We haven't even known each other for a day and she trusts me this much. I hope I don't ruin it.}

"Hey." I hear Raven speak.

I turn the water off.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'm putting some PJ pants on your clothes." she explains.

"Thank you. I've never worn anything besides jeans to bed before."

I hear the door close and I step out of the shower. I grab a towel and dry off and get dressed. I go back into Raven's room comfortable for bed for once.

"Ready for bed?" she asks me as she places pillows on both sides of the bed.

I nod and use the wall to slowly make my way to the bed.

{I didn't realize how tired I am.}

I get into the bed and cover up.

"If you need anything don't be afraid to wake me."

I nod and lay down.

{Please no nightmares.}

She turns the lights out and darkness surrounds us. I look around at all the shadows from the various objects.

{Just close my eyes and they'll be gone. There's nothing to be scared of in the dark.}

I close my eyes and before I know it, I'm dreaming.