Round 2: Strength

We join the others in front of the weight machine as Cyborg steps away from the controls.

"We can do this one of two ways. We can each get a turn or we can all three do it at the same time." Cyborg explains.

"Please, let us do it together." Starfire smiles.

I look at the others as they nod their heads.

{They're kidding right? There's only one machine.}

Cyborg nods and goes back over to the controls and presses a button. I listen as gears move behind the wall.

{What did he do?}

Two sections of the wall beside the weight machine slide back and aside then two more weight machines come out of their hiding places.

{Oh.}

"Alright, everyone ready?" Cyborg grins.

"Yes." Starfire claps and heads over to the machine on the far left.

Cyborg goes over to the machine on the right. I go to the one in the middle and look at Cyborg and Star and they both smile.

{Why are they so excited? It's just weight lifting.}

"I set the first few weights pretty low, but the longer we hold it the heavier the weights will become."

I look at Raven and nod letting her know I'll be ok.

"Here we go!" Beast Boy yells running over and pressing a button on the controls.

Cyborg, Star, and I quickly grab our handles and lift before the machine drops. I can feel the weight of it but it isn't enough to bother me. I look at the others and see that the weight isn't bothering them either.

"Here comes the first weight!" Beast Boy shouts.

I listen as gears start turning again. Then a noise that sounds like a crane moving something.

CLANK!

I can feel more weight in my hands. The sound continues over and over again and the machine gets heavier with every clank.

{This isn't so bad.}

I look over at Cyborg and see a drop of sweat on his head.

"You ok over there Cy?" Beast Boy chuckles.

"You guys passed the easy weights awhile ago." Robin explains.

"Yeah, this is no problem." Cyborg explains.

{He's lying.}

The weights continue to drop. I look over at Starfire and she's still smiling.

"How are you doing Star?" Robin asks.

"Splendid." she says smiling brighter.

{She's telling the truth.}

More weights drop.

{I'm starting to feel the weight.}

I can feel my energy starting to drain a little bit but not enough to be concerned.

"The machine is almost out of weights." Robin explains looking at the controls.

I look back over at Cyborg and his arms and legs are shaking. I look over at Starfire and she doesn't look like she's having any trouble. Another weight drops. I feel the pressure on my arms.

"I can't go any farther! I give up!" Cyborg yells.

I look back over at him just as he dives out of the way of the machine. It crashes to he ground with a large thud. He sits there for a moment breathing heavily with sweat on his face.