The Fight for Her Soul

"Shadow we're heading out." I say quietly as I stand beside her bed, "Echo has finally turned up, she is causing mayhem up town."

"We are going to go get your energy back." Raven speaks up beside me, "We're going to fight with everything we have to bring you back, we aren't going to give up." She steps closer, laying down the clothes she holds by Shadow's feet, "I brought these for when you wake up."

I look at the clothes that she brought.

{She grabbed under garments, jeans, Shadow's favorite t shirt, and her favorite hoodie, plus socks, shoes, and devices for Shadow's glasses.}

Raven puts her hand over Shadow's, "We'll be back as soon as we can to wake you up." She smiles down at her, "See you soon." Raven takes her hand away and heads towards the door.

I bend over so my face is near Shadow's, "We have somethings to talk about when you wake and don't even think that you're getting out of it." I wrap my hand around my neck, "I love you Shadow." I quickly kiss her very cold forehead, "I love you." I whisper.

I stand back up and walk towards the door, I stop and look back one last time before following Raven into the hallway.

{I will see you soon, one way or another.}

"What is the plan Robin?" Starfire asks as we walk down the hall towards the garage.

Robin leads with Starfire behind him, Beast Boy behind her, Raven behind him, and me behind her. Cyborg waits in the garage for us.

"Do whatever it takes and fight as hard as we can to get that device in Echo's chest." He explains, "But we also have to keep the civilians out of harm's way."

"Right." We all say.

The door to the garage opens and we see Cyborg opening the big door that leads outside.

"Are we ready?" Raven speaks up.

"Almost." Cyborg answers before walking over to the bench, "Someone needs to be the one to stab this into Echo." He lifts up the stake.

They all look at Raven and I.

{I understand why they're looking at us, we are the only ones who are going to be able to get close to her.}

I hear Raven take a breath..

"I'll do it." I volunteer.

Raven looks at me quickly, shock covering her face.

"I'm faster than you and I can get through small openings so it has to be me."

I step up to Cyborg and hold out my hand. He stares at me for a few seconds before laying the stake in my palm. I wrap my fingers around it.

"Take this too." Cyborg quickly turns around and grabs something before turning back towards me with his hand out, "It's to carry that. Put it on like a belt and place the stake in the holder.

I take the black holster and wrap it around me, clicking it together before sliding the stake into the hole.

{This will be much easier to carry.}

"Alright now that that is settled let's get moving." Robin demands.

We all nod in agreement. Robin hops on his bike as Raven and Starfire fly out the door, Beast Boy turns into a green eagle before following them. Cyborg and I slide into his car before he revs up the engine.

"Thank you." I say quietly.

He looks at me stunned, "For what?"

"Making this device to save her."