Decision

"Jade. Jade, wake up." someone says as they poke me.

{Is it morning, I don't even remember falling asleep.}

"Breakfast is almost ready."

I slowly open my eyes to Raven sitting beside me on my bed.

"What time is it?" I wonder as I sit up and wipe my eyes.

"About ten thirty, I let you sleep in as long as possible. Figured you had a long day yesterday with Knight and then Caitlin. So I let you get your sleep."

I snap fully awake, remembering everything from the day before as my mind pushes the sleepy fog away.

"Maybe a little over a week." Caitlin's voice echoes in my head.

"What happened to you last night after you walked Caitlin to the elevator?" Raven ponders as she slides off my bed.

I slide forward so my legs are dangling over the edge, "I was tired and needed a shower so I figured I'd just come here."

{I have to stick to the decision I made.}

"That explains why this is sitting up here." she explains as she grabs the wrist monitor off my dresser, "I came looking for you last night when you never came back. I found you fast asleep sideways on your bed. I wanted to place you in the bed the right way but you looked peaceful, so I left you alone . I went to take a shower, when I came out to turn off the lights and get ready for bed I saw it. You need to be more careful, you're supposed to have it on at all times." she walks over to me holding out the monitor.

I lift my right arm and watch as she slides it over my hand and clips it in place.

"I know, I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking last night. Were the others mad that I never came back?" I ask as she walks towards her half of the room.

"No, none of us were." she explains as she reaches for her shoes and puts them on.

"That's good."

Raven goes into the bathroom and I can hear as she turns the sink on. I hop off the bed and quickly grab a pair of jeans, a black shirt, and a blue hoodie. I'm changed by the time she comes back out.

"That was quick, you must be really hungry."

I walk over to her side of the room and sit on her bed as she grabs her cloak.

"Can we talk?"

She stops and looks at me, "Everything ok? Did you have another nightmare last night?"

{I'm living a nightmare.}

I shake my head. She lays her cloak on the bed and then sits beside me.

"What do you want to talk about?"

{How do I tell her?}

My heart starts to race and my breathing picks up a little bit.

{I can't have another panic attack, not now.}

I see out the corner of my eye the needle on the gauge moving into the green.

{I have to calm down.}

"Jade, it's ok. Calm down, whatever it is, it'll be ok."

I take a few deep breaths, calming myself down as much as I can. Enough to where I can talk again. The needle stops moving and my breathing is under control but my heart continues to race.

"Caitlin wasn't giving us the full truth yesterday when we were talking about things getting worse. I could tell that she was lying, that's why I wanted to walk her to the elevator."