The Plan

*Getting closer  Sorry for the kinda boring chapter, leading up to something big though.

"Why do you want me to freeze her?" Caitlin asks, shocked.

"We'll explain it later but you have to do it now. Every second wasted is another second her body decomposes more." Beast Boy explains.

"But why does it matter? She's gone, why save her body?" I say quietly.

Beast Boy looks at me with a goofy grin on his face, "Just trust me."

I look at his eyes and see determination and hope.

{What are they planning?}

"Jinx?" Caitlin turns to me.

I look at her and then look at Shadow's body laying on the bed.

{They must have a reason to want to do this. The question is do I let them.}

I sigh, "Do it." I look back at Caitlin.

She nods as she steps closer to the bed.

"Step back." She warns me.

I take a few steps away watching as Caitlin's hair changes color and her hands begin to frost.

"Are you sure about this?" She asks softly in her echoey voice.

I go to answer but stop.

"It will only slow it down for so long."

{She's not talking to me.}

"Alright."

{Who is she talking to?}

She raises her hands over top of Shadow's body. Blasts of frigid air shoot from them, cold enough that you can actually see the frost outlining the blasts. She moves her hands side to side, covering Shadow's whole body.

{This is like the time in the medical room but much colder.}

I can feel the icy breeze as it swirls around the room. I can see my breath fog in the air. I watch as frost slowly forms on Shadow's skin as well as small patches of ice spotting all over her body. Caitlin continues until Shadow's body is completely covered in frost and ice. The blasts stop as she lowers her hands back to her sides.

"Her body will stay preserved as long as it stays frozen." She turns around and looks at me, her eyes glowing silverish white, "I will have to repeat this process everyday in order to keep her cold enough."

I nod.

"But you also need to know that this will not last forever. Preservation by freezing only lasts two weeks."

"Two weeks?!" I exclaim.

She nods, "Unless I completely freeze her whole body, to the point where she could shatter if struck."

{Shatter?}

"Doing that though may damage her organs more so than they already are."

"We can't have that." Beast Boy speaks up.

We both look at him.

"Jade can't be injured anymore than she already is."

"Why?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "Robin will explain it when we get to the common room."

{Explain what?}

"Alright then, I will do this everyday for two weeks, after that there is nothing else I can do."

"Thank you, Caitlin."

She shakes her head, "Frost."

"Huh?"