Chapter 71

Quill: The City of Mistral...

Nora: Ugh! It's about time!

Quill and Team RNJRPS are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora: Whose idea was it to walk again?

Snow rolls her eyes while Pyrrha looks at her and giggles. Ruby was on Snow back while she calmly walks. Ruby had her arms wrapped around her shoulders and legs around her waist.

Ren: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships destroyed settlements...

Jane: Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us.

Ruby: Pfft, we were fine. Only one of us almost died.

Quill: Hey.

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren.

Ren: Hey.

Nora giggles in response.

Jane: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Quill: Almost there. But I figured I'd take you, kids, on the scenic route.

Snow: last time I checked I wasn't a kid. I am a lot older than you.

Snow gives a scoff making Quill giggle a little. The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Quill opens, flooding the tunnel with Sunlight. Ruby jumps off snow Back and runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby: Wow!

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby: This... is... awesome!

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally. Snow looks at the city with a small smile.

Snow: Drago would have loved this place.

Quill: It's certainly something.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

Quill: Vendors here will sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

Jane: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Quill: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Snow: this gives me more reason to go down and explore what they are selling there.

Quill punches Snow in the side making Snow scoff and sent a small hiss.

Nora: And we are going up!

Quill: yes up Snow not down.

Snow growls and rolls her eyes then looking away and crossing her arms.

Somewhere else

An Atlesian cargo airship flies over an enormous lake.

Weiss: So, how much farther?

Pilot: We're in the home stretch now.

In the pilot's box of the ship, Weiss stands in the back, leaning against a wall with her arms crossed.

Pilot: No more stops from here to Mistral. Sorry for the long trip. Keeping us off the radar's been harder than I thought. Lots of air traffic around northern Anima.

Weiss: It's fine. I... just hope I haven't been a burden.

Pilot: You and your money are more than welcome on this ship, kid.