Chapter 60

I wake up with a naked Weiss next to me making me smile a little. I rub her back making her start to wake up, she groans a little then she starts to wake up a little.

Weiss: what.

Drago: you have to wake up.

Weiss groans and turns around making her back face me and I just chuckle. I turn to her and I put my hand on her upper arm having a small grip on it while I start to kiss her shoulder and neck a little.

Weiss: hmmm what are you trying.

Drago: maybe waking you up a little.

Weiss: I am tired.

Drago: I understand but you have that concert remember.

Weiss's eyes widen and she shoots up making me chuckle a little. She jumps out of the bed and starts to look around the room for some clothes to wear.

Weiss: how late is it, how long do I still have.

Drago: don't worry baby, you still have 5 hours.

Weiss relaxes then she looks at me with a small glare.

Weiss: you scared me, you idiot.

Drago: I am sorry baby I didn't know this would scare you.

Weiss: well it did, now lets put on some clothes and train some more before the big show.

I give Weiss a small smile then I nod my head, I get out the bed and kiss her lips. We were both naked while holding each other. I wrap my tail around her making It tickle her. Weiss giggles while looking at me, I kiss her nose making her smile a little.

Drago: let the training begin.

Weiss: but first dress ourselves.

Timeskip.

The broken moon shines brightly to the sound of Weiss singing. She stands alone on a large, empty stage, singing a wordless aria, her arms outstretched. She is perfectly positioned below the centre of the painted emblem of Atlas that dominates the stage. The song changes to emphatic lyrics.

"I'm not your pet, not another thing you own.

I was not born guilty of your crimes.

Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore.

I won't be possessed,

burdened by your royal test.

I will not surrender.

This life is mine."

Weiss concludes her song and bows while the audience applauds. She looks up to the balcony above stage left where her father and brother are watching. Jacques remains seated, not applauding, while Whitley S is standing giving a slower-paced, sarcastic clap. Weiss looks back at the audience, all clapping still in their seats. She looks at me while I clap and smiling at her. She looks me dead in the eyes and I send her a wink. She smiles a little then I see Jacques look in my direction wanting to see to who his daughter was smiling too. Weiss looks away from me not wanting her father to see it was me. She turns and walks backstage, her feigned smile replaced with a frown.

A waiter carrying martini glasses on a tray opens up a door and enters the ballroom where people mill about to soft piano notes. He holds the tray next to a young man, who takes a glass before walking off. A blonde woman in a dark green halter dress stops to look at the waiter before moving on.

Second Waiter: Need anything else?

Blonde Woman: No.

The blonde walks up to a man.