Chapter 22

( sorry for not having updated in some time)

Ruby: Penny, I-I don't understand...

Penny: Most girls are born, but I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an Aura. I'm not real...

Ruby takes the hands of Penny in her own.

Ruby: Of course you are. You think just because you've got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?

Penny: I don't... um.... You're... taking this extraordinarily well. Not a lot of people act like that.

Ruby: You're not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart, and a soul; I can feel it!

Penny grabs ruby and hugs her while shaking her back and forth.

Penny: Ooohh... oh Ruby. You're the best friend anyone could have!

Ruby: I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower!

Penny releases ruby and she is fully happy.

Penny: Oh, he's very sweet! My father's the one that built me! I'm sure you would love him!

Ruby: Wow. Did he build you all by himself?

Penny: Well, almost! He had some help from Mr Ironwood.

Ruby: The General?! Wait... Is that why those soldiers were after you?

Penny: They like to protect me, too!

Ruby: They don't think you can protect yourself?

Penny: They're not sure if I'm ready yet... One day, it will be my job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world and test myself in the Tournament.

Ruby: Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace!

Penny: That's not what Mr Ironwood said...

Soldier 1: Check down here!

Penny grabs ruby by the shoulder and lifts her up above her head.

Penny: You have to hide!

Ruby is struggling and screaming while she is being carried towards a dumpster

Ruby: Penny, wait! What are you doing? You don't have to go with them! I can help you!

Peny throws ruby in the trash making Drago chuckle on top of the rooftops making penny look up for a moment making her eyes widen while she lifts the lit a little, Drago puts his finger in front of his mouth.

Penny: It's okay, Ruby. They're not bad people; I just don't want to get you in trouble. Just promise me you won't tell anyone else my secret. Okay?

Ruby: I promise.

Ruby lowers her head into the garbage as the lid is put down, but she lifts it a little to peek at the scene outside. Then she looks up seeing professor Wolf making her eyes widen. He looks down making them have eye contact her gives her a wink making her blush while she averts her eyes with him.

Soldier 1: There she is!

Penny: Sal-u-tations, officers! And you must be Drago. We haven't met before but I hope we get along well.

Drago jumps from the roof and looks at Penny with a smile. He sticks out his hand while moving his eyes along the body of penny. Penny has short, rather curly orange hair that came down to her chin with a small ahoge on top, and she wears a pink bow on the back of her head. She also has bright green eyes, light skin, and freckles. She wears a whitish-grey old-fashioned blouse with short grey feminine overalls as well as a black and green collar with a matching pair of stockings.