Chapter 54

Blake backs away from the shattered window, staring in horror at her old partners.

Adam: Running away again? Is that what you've become, my love? A coward?

Blake: Why are you doing this? I am not your lover at all. I am dating a man that does truly love me and isn't evil at all unlike you.

Adam: You and I were going to change the world, remember? We were destined to light the fires of a revolution! Consider this... the spark.

Blake looks horrified while Adam draws his sword. Amanda was just standing next to him looking at the student who looks scared seeing that adam was about to stab them.

Blake charges into the dining hall, drawing her sword in a flash. Her blade clashes with his as she pushes him away from the student, and they stand with their blades locked. Amanda was about to grab her blade but Adam stopped her.

Adam: don't she is mine.

Amanda nods her head and removes her hand from the hilt of the sword.

Blake: I'm... not... running.

Adam: You... will.

He kicks her away, knocking her onto the floor.

Adam: But not before you suffer for your betrayal, my love.

He smiles and begins walking toward her.

Back outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco Adel bumps into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin. Weiss then arrives on the battlefield, and charges in but gets swatted aside by its arm.

Neptune: Weiss!

Yatsuhashi tries to hold back a Paladin's fist with his sword, but he gets overpowered and knocked back. The Paladin then turns to and starts approaching a distracted Ren.

Nora: Lookout!

Nora pushes Ren away making her get hit by the paladin.

Ren: Nora! No!

Coco and Neptune Vasilias fire their weapons at the Paladin, but it is unfazed.

Neptune: Uh, this is bad.

Coco: Well, I guess now's a better time than any. Velvet!

Velvet: Really?

Coco: Just make them count.

Velvet nods. As she walks up to the Paladins.

Weiss: What are you doing!? She's going to get hurt!

Coco: Just watch.

Velvet holds her hand out as Anesidora glows, forming a scythe. Grabbing the copy of Crescent Rose Velvet leaps into the air, dodging cannon fire as she imitates Ruby's overhead spin, she descends slashing at the Paladin. She then replicates Myrtenaster to deflect the Paladin's punch and land a few blows before pushing it back with an Ember Celica imitation. Once after she lands a few shots, she slides under the Paladin's fist, similar to Blake as she uses a Gambol Shroud copy and uses its string to trip over the mech, before moving to the second Paladin by lopping off its hand and jabbing it in the head with the cleaver.

Before it can react, it is immediately peppered with holographic bullets, thanks to a copy of Gianduja. As it moves forward, Velvet switches to using Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang to counter a blow, as she lands another few hits while landing a downward blow from above with a copy of Magnhild, severing a limb.

As the first Paladin attempts to recover, Velvet immediately copies Floating Array, as she leaps off the second Paladin and slices apart its legs before blasting it at full power. However, the first Paladin goes for a sucker punch for velvet but it gets blocked by Drago.