Chapter 29

Bartholomew Oobleck is listening intently as Peter Port laughs over some unheard anecdote. Ozlin is standing off to the side with Glynda until General James Ironwood offers his hand for her to dance with him. Drago is standing next to Ozlin while Glynda shakes her head no to James making him frown and walk away. Glynda walks to Drago while he sticks his hand out for her making her take it then they walk to the dance floor to the dancefloor. Jane Arc approaches Ruby Rose, who is standing pensively near the refreshments tables.

Jane: I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too.

Ruby: Yep.

Jane: To the socially awkward.

Ruby giggles and they clink glasses.

Ruby: shouldn't you take a dance with your boyfriend he looks so alone with all the teachers.

Jane blushes and rubs her neck a little.

Jane: I haven't but I am to scared to ask him.

Ruby: huh I didn't expect that also you are one of the last to ask him.

Jane: who else hasn't danced with him.

Ruby: Weiss, Velvet and you.

Jane bites her head and walks away to see Drago just have finished her dance with Glynda. Drago smiles and Glynda then he looks behind him seeing Jane walk up to him making him stick out his hand for her making her giggle and she runs up to him and hugs him making him chuckle and spin her around then he puts her on the ground.

Drago: coming to get a dance with me.

Jane: yes shall have we have it then.

Drago nods and takes her to dance with him, Snow is smiling at the sight also wanting to have a dance with him but she waits wanting to be the last one. She walks away moving her hand over the railing then she moves into the darkness waiting for her turn.

Yang is leaning on a handrail and overlooking the festivities from a second-tier as Ruby approaches and leans on the rail.

Yang: You know? I think we really needed this.

Blake and Sunny are slow dancing while Lie Ren and Nora Valkyrie appear to be Waltzing. Penny is dancing alone, guarded by two Atlas Soldiers.

Ruby: Yeah, and you did a great job planning it too!

Yang: Aw, thanks! It wasn't all me, though. Weiss did a lot too.

Ruby stops struggling and looks down at Weiss. Neptune approaches and rubs his neck nervously. Weiss invites him to sit with her.

Yang: Tomorrow it's back to work.

Ruby: I'm sure we can handle whatever gets thrown at us.

Drago had his last dance with his girlfriend then he looks to his right and he sees his sister smirking at him making him chuckle.

Snow: not gonna ask me for a dance.

Drago: oh come on you know I love dancing with you.

People looked amazed seeing that two dance with each other. They looked like they were flying along the floor. Neptune and Weiss are watching the dancers with amazement on there faces. Drago and snow are done dancing and look into each other in the eyes with both a small smile on there face. They are breathing a bit heavy while smiling at each other.