Chapter 30

POV. Drago

I was in the office of Ozlin with General Ironwood and Glynda.

Ironwood: They were here... Ozlin, they were here and your little boyfriend couldn't stop them!

Ironwood angrily slams his fist against Ozlin's desk.

Glynda: We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James.

Drago: we are doing our best to look who done this, James. Maybe you should have trained your soldiers better then this wouldn't have happened.

Ironwood: Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?! Shut up Drago you don't have anything to say here.

Drago: well I do because I know a lot of stuff you don't know about your little world.

Ironwood: what do you know what I don't know.

Drago: why would I tell an asshole like you.

Ironwood: because I am a general maybe that is here to protect remnant.

Drago: well your people didn't protect the tower so well from one woman.

An alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator. Me and Ironwood look at it making us stop arguing for a moment.

Ozlin: Come in.

Ruby steps out and into the room. My face softens already have knew it was Ruby because she smells like cookies.

Ruby: Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the elevator on the way up here. It wasn't me.

I chuckle making Glynda slap the back of my head making me give her a small glare but she rolls her eyes making me chuckle a little.

Ozlin: Thank you for coming, Ruby. How are you feeling?

Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three.

Everyone stares silently. I try to keep in my laughter and Ruby pouts and walks up to me and punches my chest a few times.

Ruby: Okay, so that's the tone we're going for, got it.

Ironwood: Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could.

Ruby: Thank you, sir. I wasn't alone though professor wolf saved me from being exploded.

I give her a small smile making her blush a little.

Ozlin: Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night, but now that you've rested, we were wondering if you had anything to add.

Glynda: Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?

Drago frowns a little and looks away making Glynda frown a little.

Ruby: I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass. I don't think that was her Semblance, though. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Glynda: Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

Ruby: Wait. Do you think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?

Ozlin: It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together. I will send Drago to look at it for me and we will find out.