Chapter 26

It's been 5 days since the day Sam broke my heart, for the dumbest reason possible. It was about 12, when I decided to throw the used tissues away and go to bed. I was falling asleep, when I heard a knock at my door.
I got up to open it, and I saw Emily. I hugged her, and she said, "Can we hang out, sister to sister?"

I nodded and let her in. We sat on my bed.  "Sam hasn't been himself. He's seriously on the edge of depression, I don't know how to cheer him up, or even talk to him. I don't know what to do, I thought you could help me out."

Why would he be depressed? Obviously not because of me.

"Bring him some chocolate and The Office seasons, he loves those when he's feeling down. Also, some peace tea. The half lemonade half ice tea."

Emily nodded and we talked until it was late.

"I should go check on Sam, I'm pissed off that he didn't let you explain yourself. So damn rude. But text me, because you're still my sister. Love you."

She hugged me and left. She's the best, like the sister I never had.
I needed to drive. That's all I do when I feel alone, I just drive. I put on my glasses, re-did my messy bun, and grabbed my keys.
I drove all over. Probably for two hours. I stopped to get some gas, when I saw Wesley working. I went inside to pay, and when I was walking out, he said, "I know you hate me. I would too, but I can tell there's something wrong. Do you wanna talk about it?"

I hesitated at first, but then thought what the hell.
I went and sat down on a chair behind the register. I told Wesley what happened, and he actually was listening. Maybe he changed.
After I was done, a tear slid down my cheek. Here we go again. Wesley hugged me, and he said, "It's getting late, do you need a ride home?"

I shook my head no and smiled.

"Hey, please call me if you need to talk."

I nodded and left. It was actually nice to let that out.
After that, I drove home and fell asleep.

❥❥❥

I woke up and went downstairs to see Nate. He hugged me, and he actually made me breakfast.

"Sam misses you, a lot." I shrugged at him. "I don't wanna talk about Sam right now."

Nate nodded and took my plate, while I was still eating.

"Um hey, I was still eating."

He shrugged back and took my hand. He took me to his car, and drove me to a little lake that was near.
We bonded, just by talking about the advice Nate was giving me. He was so thoughtful.
Nate then brought me home and we hung out, until he had to go.

I was about to get ready for bed, when I got a call from Emily.

"Emily what's-"

"I need you to come over right now. Sam is having a breakdown and I have no idea what the fuck is going on please come"

I instantly ran out the door and into Sams house. I heard yelling from upstairs and I ran into Sams room, to see him throwing stuff and yelling. Emily was trying to calm him down but that obviously wasn't working. He was about to throw something else, when I ran over to him and to put the object down.

I grabbed his face and looked at him. There were tears sliding down his cheeks and he was a mess.
He hugged me, tightly, and he started rambling.

"El I'm so so sorry I fucked up so big, Jack told me what happened and then I lost you and I just can't handle it I couldn't control myself I'm so sorry I love you so damn much and oh my god I hate myself for hurting you because I never meant to call Julianne I just wanted to make you feel-"

I shut Sam up by kissing him.

"We all fuck up, I can't stand it when you're sad all the time. I love you."

Sam hugged me and started crying again, but more like tears of joy.
Emily walked into the room and said,
"I hate to ruin this but I think we need to clean up."

We both nodded and started to clean up the mess.

Once we finished, I left, and went to bed.
I heard my balcony doors open, and I felt someone climbing into me bed.
I turned around, and I saw Sam. I kissed his nose, and he said, "Let's not fight because I love you too much to see you sad."

"I agree."