Chapter 50

So that's why I'm letting you go.

I didn't know what to say, I knew this was probably best for us.
The tears stung my eyes, and Sam was quick to wipe them away. I saw he was crying too.

He stood up, bringing me with him.
He embraced me, and held me so tightly. I don't know if I could handle this.

"Eleuthera Daniels, I love you with all my heart. I knew this was coming, our future with us together or not. I will remember seeing you at my door step for the very first time, I will remember our first kiss, the first time I ever asked you to be my girlfriend, the very first time I told you I loved you, our seventh month, the very first time we tried new things. You are my first love, and I've never been so deep in love that I can't see or think clearly. I have my own plan for myself, and its complicated to explain right now. But once time passes you'll understand what I have to do."

We were both struggling to process what he was saying to me.
My tears were staining my cheeks.

"When we danced, the times we both got lost in the moment because our heads were in the clouds. The time we danced to our records, and the times I would sneak onto your balcony. And don't forget the times where we were clumsy and you would always end up hurting yourself. When we sat down together getting to know each other, I learned you were obsessed with popcorn and chocolate, and flash tattoos."

A tiny smile curved at his words.

"Sometimes I would hear you talk bad about yourself, and about your body. But the truth is, you're perfect to me. And you should never feel bad about yourself, because you're too beautiful and fragile to feel that way. When I say you don't need makeup, I mean it. The dreams I had about loosing you, I woke up crying to myself. When we jumped onto the trains, I had the time of my life. You're one of the best things that has ever happened to me. And before I leave, I wanted to give you this."

He pulled a heart necklace just like the Tiffanys one he bought me in Florida, except it was thicker. You could open it.

He opened the inside, and there was a button he pushed. Then it started to make noise.

I will always love you, no matter what happens. Now and Forever.

"Happy birthday baby girl. I hope to see you again someday."

He pulled me into a kiss, that was full of passion and love. I didn't know how to even explain it, it felt better than our first kiss.
Memories of us came flooding into my mind during this kiss.

When I walked into the entrance of the kitchen, I completely ran into Sam. I was about to fall, when Sam just happened to catch me. He brought me up slowly, or what it felt to be slow, and when we were looking into each others eyes, I couldn't fight the urge anymore. I grabbed his neck and I kissed him. On the lips.

We were swaying to the music, when Sam and I look into each other's eyes. I was so in love, I got lost in his gaze when I noticed that he mouthed,
I love you, so much.
I mouthed back,
I love you, more than ever.

I walked downstairs, when Sam took my hand and put a long box in it. I looked up at him and he said,
"Open it."
I opened it, to see a Tiffanys heart necklace with an engraved
Sammy+El
under the logo. Sam helped me put it on and said,
"I wanted to get this, only because when you called me Sammy, I loved it more than anything and I wanted you to have a part of me with you, when I'm not actually there."
I hugged him tightly and he said again,
"Its me and you, Daniels."
"You and me Sammy."

Sam grabbed his guitar and started playing the chords of stay with me,
Sam sang the first verse, and then the next verse came. I hesitated, but then thought what the hell.

I turned around to Sam, and he started singing something. I put my arms around his neck. He started swaying us from side to side, and he spun me around and dipped me. He brought me back up, and everyone was recording and staring at us. It was literally dead silent once Sam stopped. We got lost in another moment.

There were lights hanging all around, and the pool was lit. It was breath taking.
Sam bent down, extending his arm out.
"May I have this dance."
I nodded, and Sam wrapped his big arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and we swayed to the soft music playing. We looked into each other's eyes, and it was everything stopped in place, like we were going in slow motion, like we weren't even moving at all. Sam twirled me around, and dipped me slowly, just like he always does. He brought me back up, looking me in the eyes. Sam took my waist, and he lifted me up in the air. I laughed, silently, and we just danced. I've never been so in love with someone in my life.

My arms were wrapped around his neck, and his arms were draped around my waist. But they felt secure there.
We swayed to this song, that I've only heard once before.
Sams head was nestled into my neck, and I got lost again, because Sam had this effect on me. I was so in love that time stopped for us, I wish it was forever.
I was so short compared to him, which is what made us so perfect.
Sam looked into my eyes and he leaned in slowly. I grabbed his neck and pulled him even closer.
Our lips barely touched...

Sam pulled away, putting the locket in my hand and closing it. His forehead touched mine and he barely whispered to me.

"It's you and me El."

"You and me Sammy."

He slowly walked away from me, holding my hand as long as possible until he couldn't reach out any longer. His tears were rolling down his face.
And he got into his car.
And just like that, Sam is in his jeep, and I watched his car drive down the road.

He was gone. The love of my life, he was gone.

But I knew I was going to see him again someday.

❥❥❥

I walked back into the house, completely shocked of what just occurred.
I told Marley to get everyone out, and eventually everyone left. I went up to my bedroom when Marley came running in. With the letter from the school.

When she tore it open, her face was lit up.
And then she screamed as loud as she could.

"YOU GOT ACCEPTED EL! OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE GOING TO NEW YORK!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO THIS!"

But I couldn't hear a thing she was saying.
All I could do was smile and jump around with her. Until I can fully process what just happened, all I did was pack and plan until next week came. Where I was off for good, on my own.

I guess it's time to let reality kick in. Time for a fresh start.
Change.