Chapter 5

El's POV

It was Monday again and I was still dreading school. But good news, there was a new guy in our grade. He was in my first period and my third period.

In first, he sat next to me and we talked the whole time. Let me just say, it ended up with his number in my phone and mine in his. To top that, he was insanly hot. At least I'm not the new kid anymore.
His name is Wesley Brookes. While in third period, we had a new assignment and we were assigned partners. Leigh was really the only friend in my third period, so we were hoping to be with each other.

But Leigh was assigned with this guy named Damon and I was assigned with...
Wesley.

Wesley came up to me after class and said, "So, maybe we should get started on it right away, I'll text you tonight about it?" I smiled and nodded, and walked to fourth period, then lunch.
As I sat down, Leigh started talking to me.

"Oh my god you are so damn lucky you were assigned with Wesley, he's so cute!" I laughed and said, "I got his number too."

Leigh was freaking out, and being funny about it but then I noticed Sam was looking kind of mad. I gave him a questionable look and he gave me an angry look back. I have no idea what that was about but I decided to talk to him after school ended. Lunch went by quickly, and I was walking with Sam to our last hour. Until Wesley came up to us.

"El, hey, what's your last hour?" I smiled and said, "Math, whats yours?"

"Math! Wanna walk together?"
I nodded and Sam tensed up a bit. Maybe it was because of Wesley? But I don't understand why, they've never even met.

And just like that, math was over and I was walking to my car with Stefan. "Did you notice Sam today? Whenever Welsey came in the conversation he didn't even talk."

Stefan shrugged and got into the car. Maybe I was over thinking it, but I was curious and I didn't like seeing Sam so angry like that. I just decided to go to Sam's after school so we could talk about it. Before I could say anything to Stefan, Wesley texted me.

W- Hey El, do you wanna get together tonight to work on the project?
E- Yeah, my place at 3?
W- See you then

We got home and it was 2:30, only 30 minutes until Wesley came. I could talk to Sam after Wesley leaves I guess. I decided to get something to eat and get everything ready. There was a knock on my door, and Welsey came in with his things.

"Okay, lets start?" I nodded and we started on the project. Time passed by quickly, and we got the basics of the project pretty much done. It was already 5:30.

"Alright, so I'll talk to you at school tomorrow to get started on building?" He nodded, and started leaning in, I hesitated at first, but then I thought what the hell. He was cute, and this never happens. I kissed him, and damn. It was actually nice, until I heard my balcony doors open. I jumped a little, then I saw Sam standing there, and he looked pissed off.

"Sam, what are you doing here?" He looked at me and said, "You weren't answering my texts and I wanted to see if you were okay. Apparently you are, so I'm just gonna go."

Wesley got up and said bye to me, and left. I decided that I should go to Sam's and talk to him. So I just got up and left to Sam's and went in without knocking.