Chapter 31

Sam POV
I woke up, to myself wrapped in a blanket, and I was on the couch. I got up, and ran to Emily.

"What happened the night I was drunk?"

Emily sighed, and looked at me.

"All in gonna say, is that you hurt El, physically and emotionally."

I started breathing heavily, and I pounded my fist into the wall. I ran to her house, and knocked on the door until someone answered. Thank god, it was Marley.

"Marley please tell me Els here."

Marley shook her head and said,

"No, she went out last night and she hasn't been home since last night."

I don't know where she would be, I called Nate.
Nope.
I called the girls,
Not there.
I called the Jacks,
Not even at Gilinskys house.
I called everyone, not a sign of her.
What a great way to start off the summer.

What the fuck happened to my El.

❥❥❥
El POV

I woke up, upside down. Shards of glass were everywhere, in my skin, in my hair, around me, my seatbelt was keeping me put in my place. I was cut pretty badly, and when I tried moving, I realized I was stuck. I saw my, now shattered, phone, I reached out for it but I couldn't get it.
I didn't know where I was, and there wasn't a way out. I was stuck, and I was loosing blood.
What a great way to start off the summer.

❥❥❥

It's been about an hour, and I'm loosing circulation to my arms and blood is rushing to my head.
I hear police sirens, but I'm already loosing consciousness.
I feel myself being turned around, and pulled out of the car. But everything after that, all a blur.

❥❥❥

Sam POV
I was driving all around town, searching. I had this feeling that she wasn't okay. Then I see police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks on the side of the road. A car that was upside down, crashed.
But when I look closer, it's the same car El drives. And she's being lifted out of it.
I run out of the car, but they stop me.

"Sir, you can't go back there."

I pushed them aside and said,

"That's my girlfriend in there!"

They put her in the ambulance, and I asked if it could ride with.
I got in, and held Els hand. She was unconscious and she looked in so much pain.
They got to the hospital and they rushed her right into the emergency room. I had to wait in the lobby, so I guess I should call the group.
I was crying, why did this happen to El? It was probably even my fault.
I called them, and they rushed to the hospital.
We waited, and waited.
And waited.
The doctor came.

"Eleuthera Daniels?"

We all stood up, and he said,

"Eleuthera broke her arm, and she lost a lot of blood. She had to get some stitches on her head and arm, and she will be aloud to go home in about a week. She may not remember some things that have happened in the past year, but it should come back eventually. You can visit her right now, but she's a little hazy."

I thanked him and we all ran to her room.
I was the first one in, to see El hooked onto all of these machines and she looked terrible. I kneeled beside her, and I grabbed her hand lightly.

"El, it's Sam. Are you okay?"

She looked at me, and I knew, she didn't remember anything.

"I don't know anybody named Sam, but your face, it looks so familiar."

She just looks so broken, inside and out.