Chapter 8

El's POV

Wesley and I have now been dating for 2 and a half months, and today we were gonna hang out with the group. We were all heading to Leighs house.

Once we got there, all the guys were talking and the girls were too, just kind of how every hang out went. I went to Leigh and Mallory and I brought them into a seperate room.

"Can I ask you guys something?" They both nodded. "On the day that Wesley asked me out, Sam came over and got mad, then he calmed down and left. Ever since, hes been kind of distant from me, we don't have the same bond like we used to. I know I've been here for what, 5 months? I just don't know whats wrong with him, but I'm concerned. And even before we started dating, Sam never liked Wesley. I don't know. Just look at him now, hes not even talking with him."

Leigh and Mallory looked at each other and then back at me. "I don't know El, but we'll talk to him okay?" I nodded and we walked back into the room.

Leigh POV

Is El blind? Its crazy obvious that Sam likes her more than a friend, thats why he doesn't like Wesley. Thats why I've never really seen Sam and El become friends, they just click like a couple. I need to stop this. Sam and El needed each other. And even though Wesley may be hot, and a sweet guy, Sam was meant for El.

El POV

We all sat in a circle and I was sitting in Wesleys lap. Wesley's arms were wrapped around my waist, and we were just taking turns asking each other questions. It was Nates turn to ask someone a question, so he picked Sam.

"Sam, do you like somebody?" Sam looked down at his hands and said, "Yeah, a lot."

Leigh went wide eyed, and I looked at Sam. Why wouldn't he tell me? I thought he would know that if we're best friends he can tell me things like this.

Before it was Mallorys turn, the door bell rang and Leigh stood up to get it. Leigh came back down the stairs with the new girl, Lizzy. We all said hi and Leigh said,

"Guys, I invited Liz, because shes new and I thought she would be great friends with us."

She sat down and we continued playing our lame game. When I looked up at Wesley, he looked nervous and he was stiff. I kissed him and whispered, "Wes, are you doing okay?"

He nodded and didn't even look me in the eye. We decided to go upstairs and order a pizza. When we were sitting in the kitchen waiting, Wesley was getting kind of close to Lizzy. I went up to Wesley. "Hey Wes, do you wanna come over after this?"

He stopped talking to Lizzy and said, "I can't today, sorry."

I was kind of insulted, I don't know. Everyone was leaving, so I went with Stefan and just headed home.

Leigh POV

I did not trust Wesley at all. He was all over Lizzy, and apparently he's giving her a ride home. So, I'm following him. It's not as crazy as it sounds I swear.

I was driving, keeping one car in front of me, and when I saw him pull into a parking lot. I parked right next to him and watched what they were doing. Okay, I know I sound like a little stalker, but I don't trust Wesley now and I'm looking out for El because she obviously doesn't understand whats going on.

I looked into their window, and sure enough, Wesley is sitting there with Lizzy making out with her. Does he just take every girl he sees and fool them? I pulled my camera out and took pictures, just so I have proof.

Once I got some pictures, I honked my horn so they would notice me, and I pulled the finger to them, and pulled out. I was driving to El's house and I'm telling her, she deserves to know the truth. I got to the house, went right into the house without knocking, I went to El's bedroom and jumped on her bed. She looked at me and said,

"Couldn't stay away from me? I'm flattered." I laughed but then went serious.
"El, something bad happened."

She raised her eyebrows at me and I pulled up the pictures on my phone.

"I didn't trust Wesley driving Lizzy home, so I followed them and of course, I saw this and I took pictures for proof. And I also honked at them so they know."

I looked at El and she had tears in her eyes, and then she started crying.

"Oh god El." I hugged her. "Why do I always choose the douchebags that always hurt me? Am I not good enough for anybody?" I hugged her tighter and said, "No, don't think that El. Its not like that. Guys always want something, and once they get it, they get bored and move on."

"I can't believe I was so foolish to think that he liked me, I was so wrong. I was so drunk on the idea that I needed a relationship. I trusted him." El sounded so broken, I guess she's been hurt like this before. I felt so terrible.

We were hugging and Wesley came running into El's room. El looked up and saw him, then she shook her head.
"Get the hell out of my house."

Wesley ran over and tried to get to El, but I pushed him away and shook my head. Stefan came running in, looked at Wesley, then looked at me. I gave Wesley a death glare and Stefan pulled Wesley out of the house.

I heard him drive away, and Stefan came in and hugged us both. El was a mess, I understood what she was going through. We stayed like this, until Sam came through the door, saw El, and ran to her. "What happened?"

Stefan spoke up and said, "Wesley happened."