Chapter 44

I was running.
I didn't know where I was going.
I didn't know which way led where.
I kept running, but I couldn't get anywhere.

I started to fall. I couldn't grab onto anything. I just fell further and further. Until I closed my eyes, and opened them again. I was in a room.
And bright lights came on, in some sort of industrial basement. I was tied to a chair, with duck tape to my mouth. I was already getting rope burns on my wrists.

Someone slowly walked up to me, it didn't have a face.
Until it pulled out a gun, and milliseconds before it pulled the trigger, I was being shaken awake by Gilinsky and I was drenched in sweat.

"Shhh El, I'm here, it's okay."

He held me, and I had tears running down my face.
I've been having that same dream for two weeks straight, and the guys have been offering to stay the night so if I start screaming then they can wake me up.
Because I can't handle myself.
I calmed down, and G slept with me the rest of the night.
I appreciated it, I just felt like I was being babysat and they were giving me pity at the same time.

I felt something that was tight on my neck, and I pulled it into my hand.
I forgot I had this on, it was my necklace that Sam gave me in Florida.

Sammy+El

I unclipped the necklace and set it on my stand. I haven't spoken to him since the day after I talked to Nate, which wasn't good.

"El, you have to listen to me. I know you're going through a lot right now, but you need to understand. You're not acting yourself. You need to talk to me El, I love you and you're blocking me out. I need to help you. Let me help you Eleuthera."

I just stared into space. Into the eyes that I loved so much. I wasn't acting myself, and I don't know if I could ever be her again.
I think I'm changing, and I don't know if I'll ever change back. I didn't worry about that though. I needed to focus on Stefan.

"Stefan, he's gonna wake up. I can feel it."

Sam shook me, I was staring at something passed him, I looked like I was crazy. Which I probably am at this point.
Sam shook me, trying to get me to stop staring. To get me to say something, anything that was related to what he had to say.

"El, please! Let me help you, you're acting weird!"

I pushed him off of me, and said,

"Stefan."

I passed Sam and ran to Stefans room, and spent the whole night there.

Sam let me be after that.
After a while of thinking, my stomach growled like crazy. But I wasn't hungry. I couldn't eat anything, I never wanted to.
I fell asleep, and I dreamt of nothing. Everything was filled with nothing. Empty darkness.
Void.

❥❥❥

I woke up, to find myself walking downstairs and seeing Emily and Marley talking.
Emily hugged me, and said,

"How are you?"

I shrugged, and went to grab my jacket.

"I'm going to the hospital."

They nodded and I left.
Once I arrived, I saw Nate and Sam. I exchanged glances with Sam, and then headed for Stefans room.

Sam POV
I don't know what happened to El, but I don't like it. Stefans coma is pulling her into depression. I can't even talk to her without getting an empty response. She needs help.
Until I heard the nurses talking.

"Some girl passed out in room 203, we need to get her into another room."

That was Stefans room.
I rushed with them to his room and I see El laying on the floor.
They get her into a room and then the doctor came to me.

"Are you with El?"

I nodded and said,

"I'm her friend."

He flipped some pages in his folder and said,

"When was the last time you saw her eat something?"

I thought, and said,

"3 days ago, probably. Why?"

"Well she passed out because she hasn't eaten, in three days. You were the last one to see her eat."

That's it. El was not going to do this to herself. She's the love of my life.

(#jemily)