Chapter 1

I got my shoes on, heading out the door dreadfully as I was forced to meet my new neighbors along with my family. I had just moved from Florida to Nebraska recently, and I wanted nothing more than to go back home.

But put on my best fake smile, and we walked up to their door. I'm not always this grouchy, I would just rather be in bed sleeping or in Florida with my friends. Once we knocked at the door, a boy answered, that looked about my age.

"Hey, my name is Sam. You guys must be the new neighbors?" Damn he was attractive.

"Yes, my name is Katherine, this is my husband Ian, and my kids Eleuthera and Stefan. I was talking to Lori yesterday, and she invited us over for lunch today?" And the embarrassment kicked in as my mom thought it was a good idea to say my full name. Sam looked directly at me and smiled and said, "Yeah yeah, come in, the kitchen is that way."

We went inside to the kitchen and I met Lori, and Sam's sister Emily.

***

After lunch, I learned Sam was in the same grade as Stefan and me. School started tomorrow, and I was dreading it, but I really had no choice but to go.

I was sitting on my bed when my best friend from Florida started calling me. I picked up instantly.

"Marley! How's West Palm without me?" She sighed over dramatically.
"Boring. I don't know what I'm gonna do on the first day without you."
I did the same, sighed. "Ughh. Well on the plus side, I have a hot neighbor and hes our age."

I could literally hear her smirk.
"Name?"
"Sam Wilkinson." I answered.

"Oohh! Text me details, I need to get to bed." We said bye and hung up. I heard a knock at my door. "Come in."

Stefan walked in and jumped on my bed.  "Hey Stef what's up?" He frowned. "I'm nervous for tomorrow, what if nobody likes us?"

"Well if nobody likes us, then we have each other. Sam seemed to like us though." He nodded. "I guess."

We sat talking until it got late and I got tired. "I'm driving tomorrow, night El."
I rolled my eyes. "Night Stef."

I was totally not ready for tomorrow.