Chapter 43

I woke up, feeling arms around me. 

"Sam?"

I turn around and I see Wesley.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, while reaching behind me to grab my phone. It's 8 in the morning, and I missed calls and texts from Emily, and some from Sam. 
I got up, and called Emily, telling Wesley I would be back.

"El, what's going on? I'm in Arizona, are you okay? Is Stefan okay?"

I heard Emily panicking over the phone. 

"Em, I'm fine. Stefan, he's not okay. He's in a coma."

I heard Emily curse under her breath, and I heard her write something down.

"El, I'm coming as soon as I can. Hang in there, just go to Sam."

I sighed and said,

"Sam and I aren't really on good terms right now, but I'm fine Em. It's okay."

"El, I know when you're lying. You're not okay, I can tell from your voice. What happened with Sam?"

I moved farther away from my bedroom, and talked barely above a whisper.

"He's just been acting weird. I was hanging with some of my guy friends, and Sam got jealous and he was being rude."

Emily groaned and said,

"That little shit and his dumbass jealousy, damnit. I'm coming home, and when I walk into your door, you two will be back to the happiest couple again. Am I clear?"

"Yes mom."

Emily laughed and said,

"But seriously. Go to Sam, he'll apologize. He always does. I love you sis."

"I love you too, Emily."

We hung up, and I went back into my room to see Wesley sleeping.

"Wesley, I'm going to the hospital, so I think you need to leave."

He nodded and started for the door. Before he could turn the door knob, I blurted out,

"Thank you, for staying with me. Last night."

He smiled, and said,

"Anytime. I never meant to hurt you El."

I looked up at him and said,

"Well if you didn't mean to hurt me, then you wouldn't have done it in the first place."

Wesley turned to face me and said,

"So how many times has Sam 'not meant to hurt you?'"

I looked down at my feet, and I tried speaking but I couldn't.

"Just, be careful El. Sometimes you might think you know one side to someone, but sometimes it's not true. It's just an illusion."

He turned, and walked out leaving me speechless. 
Was it safe to go back to Sam, to talk to him? I know it would end up with each other apologizing to one another, and getting on good terms again. Was Wesley telling a truth? Was Sam's behavior, my love for him, just an illusion? 
Or was Wesley's words an illusion to me?
Or were they both illusions?

I'm totally overthinking this, I'm in love with Sam, but I don't want to talk to him right now. I can only focus on my brother. 
I need to get to the hospital.

❥❥❥

I sat by Stefans side, waiting for something, anything to happen. 
Sam walked in and said,

"I thought you would be here."

I nodded, and looked up at him.

"Can we please just talk?"

"Sure."

Sam sat down next to me, and said,

"I'm sorry, for everything. It was a dick move, and I really regret it."

Wow that sounded convincing!! Best boyfriend ever.

"Sam, I need time to think. Theres just so much going on, I don't need more of this."

He nodded, and kissed me. But I didn't kiss back.

And he left. 

I walked outside, and I see the Jacks, and everyone else in the waiting area.

"GUYS?!"

They all ran over to me and hugged me. Mallory got to me first, and said,

"Are you doing okay?"

I nodded and said,

"Stefans in the room down the hall."

She nodded and walked down with Leigh. Then Nate came up to me and gave me a huge hug.

"You are so strong. I look up to you, El. Or, look down I suppose."

I punched his arm and hugged him again.

"Shut up Skathan. I missed you, I'm just so confused right now. I don't know whats wrong with me."

He pulled away and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Sleep over tonight, and you're going to tell me what's wrong. Because I'm here for you, always. K?"

I nodded, and hugged him one last time before he kissed my cheek and left to visit Stefan. I look to see the Jacks coming to hug me, and they were telling me everything was gonna be okay.
I really appreciated their support. I'm happy G and I don't have that awkwardness between us anymore.

I look over Jacks shoulder, and I see my friend Emily Glazer from Westside.

"Emily! What are you doing here?"

She hugged me and said,

"I heard about Stefan, I wanted to check in on you."

I see Gilinsky looking at Emily, in a flirty way. He was totally checking her out. 

And I could totally see them together.

They all went to visit Stefan, and I decided to head home and set up some snacks for Nate. I was relieved I could finally talk to him, his advice meant a lot to me. I could tell him everything, he would never tell anyone. 
Then I hear the doorbell ring, and when I open the door, I see Nate with Panera, chocolate, and a hell load of food and frappes. 

This is why we're friends.