56.

A WEEK LATER-

I haven't been sleeping, I don't think I should've gone back to Texas, I feel like I was reminded of everything that happened after I spent so much energy trying to forget it..

Today we were going back to school, I wasn't thrilled if were being honest. My friends know and have been messaging me.. but I just didn't want to respond..

I said the hell with it for makeup and put on black sweat pants and a grey hoodie, my hair was in a messy braid from the night before.

I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes, I sighed and put some concealer on so I didn't look like I was dying, I walked out to my car skipping breakfast,

I drove to school and parked, I sighed before opening my door and walked into the school,

Miguel immediately came up to me and hugged me, "Sam said you've been doing rough, I am here for you ok?" He said. I nodded and hugged him back

"Thank you, Miguel." I said and he nodded. The bell rang and I sighed, "I should probably get to class." I said and he nodded.

I quickly walked to my locker to get my book, when some boy ran into me. He had medium brown hair and brown eyes. He wore sunglasses, not the cheap ones.

Like the badass ones, he was about 6'1, he was way taller then me, he wore a black t-shirt and dark colored jeans. His clothes looked expensive.

I looked down to his shoes and the sneakers he wore were easily 300 plus dollars. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you." I said and he smiled,

"No it's my fault! I'm new here. I'm sorry." He said sticking his hand out for me to shake. I shook it and smiled a fake one but it's the thought that counts right?

"I'm harper." I said, "mason." He replied. "I have to go, what class do you have? Maybe I can direct you?" I offered and he nodded.

"Sure," he said and showed me his schedule. "Great, we have bells 1, 5, lunch and 8 together." I said and he nodded.

"Let's go." I said and he followed me. We walked into the first class of the day and sat down, sense it was the first day back the teacher didn't assign much.

"So, Harper. Tell me something about yourself." He said. "I do karate." I said. And he smirked. "Cobra Kai?" He asked.

I looked at him with wide eyes making him look at me weird. "What?" He asked confused. "I used to go there. My dad is the one who reopened it. But that old guy stole it." I said.

"See this bruise on my neck." I said putting my hoodie down. He gasped, "one of there students did that to me." I said and he frowned.

"I'm so sorry." He said and grabbed my hand. I looked at him and pulled my hand away, "it's fine. I'm where I belong now." I said and he nodded.

"Tell me something about you," I asked, he looked around before answering the question. "I think your beautiful." He said and I rolled my eyes but slightly blushed.

"I meant like personality wise or lifestyle wise." I said slugging his arm. He held it and smiled, "ok, well. I live in Los Angeles but my dad decided to move me to this school." He said and I nodded.

"My dads kinda a dick, but I do what he says." He said and I nodded. "Yeah I used to say the same about my mom." I said looking down.

"Did she pass?" He asked. I nodded and he looked at my now watering eyes. "Hey, I'm sorry.. Don't cry," he said and I nodded and wiped my eyes.

There was something about this guy, he was mysterious and I felt like I didn't know a thing about him, but at the same time I kinda related to him.