Disgusting

Warning: homophobia and homophobic language/slurs!!! Read with caution.

The two boys were quietly laying in their beds when they heard the front door open.

"Demetri I'm home!"

"Hi mom!" He replied loudly.

She placed her bags down on the kitchen floor and rushed over to her son's room. The door was open but she still knocked.

"Come in." Demetri said.

She walked in with a big smile. "Hi Deme bear!" She kissed Demetri on the cheek.

"Mooom." He whined in embarrassment.

"Hush!" She then turned towards Eli. "Hi Eli darling how are you?!"

"Good." Eli forced a smile. "How are you?"

"I'm good." She said. "How was school?"

"It was what we expected." Demetri responded. "We were actually going to bed."

"Good idea!" She agreed. "It's a school night. I'll leave you two to sleep now. Good night."

"Good night." Eli and Demetri said in unison.

Demetri's mother left closing the bedroom door behind her. Demetri sat up and walked over to turn his lamp on before turning the lights off. Eli laid on his back. Demetri settled onto his bed watching Eli.

"Good night Eli." Demetri spoke carefully.

"Night." Eli turned onto his left side, his back towards Demetri.

Demetri sighed. He knew when Eli had problems at home, he didn't like talking about it. But, Demetri wanted to know so he could help him. He wanted to be there for him. Still, forcing him right now won't do any good. Demetri decided to leave it and just go to sleep. He closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep.

*timelapse*

Eli opened his eyes. He saw the bedroom window. It was still dark outside. He sat up from the inflatable bed and looked over at the full bed beside him to see his friend was missing. That's strange. Eli got up from the bed to look for him. He exited the bedroom and couldn't see anything. It was too dark. Eli tried to look for the light switch but it was too dark to even find them. Suddenly he bumped into something. He looked back to see it was his mom.

"Mom?" Eli was surprised to see his mother here. "What are you doing here?"

She didn't respond. She was sobbing inconsolably.

"Mom w-what's wrong?"

"Your father!" She cried. "He hates us both and it's all your fault!"

"M-mom-"

"If you were normal, these things wouldn't happen!"

Suddenly Eli was shoved from behind. He fell onto the ground on his side. He looked up to see his father standing tall and strong as always.

"You useless brat!" The man yelled. "I expected you to be a strong man, but you're a fucking child!"

"Dad I-"

"Oh how sad." A familiar voice said. "It seriously sucks to be you doesn't it?"

"Demetri?"

Demetri revealed himself from the shadows. "Yeah it's me. I can't believe I was your friend."

"Deme... I-" Eli had tears in his eyes.

"What?" Demetri spat. "You're sorry? Is that all you ever say? Grow up you damn loser."