Defective

⚠️ WARNING HOMOPHOBIC SLURS, AND ABUSE! ⚠️

It was far more than ten minutes but Eli finally made it to his home. He walked up his steps and took a deep breath. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and quietly unlocked the door. Making his way inside he didn't see anyone by the dining room or living room.

"Mom?" He called out softly.

He heard foot steps coming from the kitchen. He walked past the dining room towards the kitchen. There he saw his mother washing the dishes. Eli sighed in relief tossing his backpack to the side and walked over to her.

"Hey mom I'm-" Eli's happiness left almost immediately as he saw his mother's face.

She had a huge bruise on the side of her face. It looked brand new as it was a blueish purple color.

"M-mom!" Eli began to panic. "What h-happened?"

"Sweet heart don't yell." She hushed him. "He's asleep right now."

Tear began to well up in his bright eyes. "He did this?"

"He was drunk hunny." She explained. "It wasn't a big fight."

"H-he hit you b-because I wasn't here." Eli sobbed.

"No sweet-"

"It's my fault!"

"Shhh sweetie it's not."

"He should h-have hit me n-not you!" Eli cried. "You d-don't deserve-"

The master bedroom door flung open making a loud noise startling the both of them. Shit. Eli bit his lip nervously. His mother sighed and left the kitchen. He wanted to stop her but he was too shocked to move.

"What's all the ruckus about?!" A deep angry voice could be heard in the distance.

"I was washing the dishes." Mrs. Moskowitz explained.

"I heard yelling." He complained. "Is Eli here?"

She didn't respond.

"Answer me!"

"... yes he is." She choked.

Large foot steps could be heard making their way to the kitchen. Eli took in another deep breath before looking at the doorway. There stood his father with a canned beer in his hand.

"Eli Moskowitz..." His words were slurred. "Where were you yesterday?"

"I-I was at my f-friend's h-house." Eli quivered.

"Who gave you permission?"

Eli swallowed the ball in his throat , trying to get words out.

"Answer me!" He yelled.

He shook his head. "I went b-because I wanted t-to."

"So you just decided to go without asking?!"

"I-"

His mother heard and she walked into the kitchen. "I gave him permission."

"Tch..." He snickered. "Of course you did."

"Don't be upset with Eli." She insisted. "I was the one who let him go."

"Hmm.." The man hummed clearly unconvinced. "Is that true, Eli?"

"No." Eli partially lied. "I-I went because I knew you'd b-be home."

"Eli.." His mother frowned.

"Eli follow me." He began to walk out of the kitchen.