Star Wars & Chill

Tears trailed down Eli's face as he sat inside the stall. He had forgotten about Demetri and the sleep over. The only thing on his mind was what the bullies said and did to him. He knew he was an easy target for people to bully but the lip made it ten times worse. If only he could cover it somehow. He used to wear make up to cover until the middle school bullies noticed and called him gay for it. Eli felt his phone vibrate and reached for his pocket to pull it out. There was a message from his mom.

"Eli how was your first day of school? Are you coming home to pick up your stuff to go to Deme's house?"

Eli tapped his phone to reply.

"Yeah. I'm on my way now."

Eli put his phone away right after. He sighed and placed his hand on his lip. He felt every bump on his scar and his eyes began to water again. Suddenly he felt the bathroom door fling open causing the sad teen to jump slighty. He heard soft footsteps make their way to his stall.

"Eli."

Luckily it was Demetri.

"They're gone." He reassured Eli. "We can go home now."

Eli hesitantly walked over to the stall door and unlocked it. He then saw his best friend who was covered in some sort of substance and his shirt looked sticky.

"What happened?" Eli instantly forgot about his lip and focused on his best friend. "D-did they do that to you?"

"No Eli." Demetri spoke sarcastically. "I thought it would be a great idea to pour Sunny D all over my super man shirt because I look hot."

Eli sighed as he rolled his eyes.

"Best part is now I have no clean shirt to change into until I get home!"

"I-It was my fault..." Eli frowned.

"Don't be ridiculous." Demetri softly wacked his friend in the head. "They started harassing you after they saw me."

Eli didn't respond.

"Let's just go." Demetri grimaced. "I feel like the gelatinous abomination from runescape right now. "

Normally Eli would laugh at his strange analogies but he's too discouraged at the moment. They made their way out of the bathroom to get out of the school. The entire walk home was quiet and Demetri grunting and sighing as he pulled on his dirty shirt. Demetri and Eli were a block away from Demetri's home. Eli stopped causing Demetri to do the same.

"What's wrong?" Demetri turned to face him.

"I g-gotta pick stuff up from my house." Eli mumbled.

"It's fine Eli." Demetri waved his hand dismissively. "You can borrow my clothes again."

"I told my mom that-"

"I'll ask my mom to call her so you don't have to worry." Demetri said. He knew his best friend had problems at home, well with his father. He did not want him to deal with any of that, especially after a long day of school.

"Okay..." Eli pouted.

"Eli are you alright?" The taller male took a step closer to the other. "You've been quieter than usual."

"They did this..." Eli pointed at the damp shirt. "B-because of me."

Demetri gave him the face he always does when he can't believe what he heard. Eli just hung his head low and stared at the concrete floor.

"I'd give you a hug like we always do but I smell like kid juice right now." Demetri placed his hand under Eli's chin and softly lifted his face up. "Seriously Eli, don't feel guilty."