A Routine

Friday was finally here and all of the teens were living for it, sick and tired of the nonsense. Next week was Christmas break and honestly it didn't feel like it. Everything wasn't festive or jolly instead it was all hostile and overbearing. Demetri arrived to school early today as he decided to walk to school rather than take the slow bus. He walks over to his locker to find Yasmine waiting quietly scrolling on her phone. Demetri walks over to her curiously. "Hey Yasmine, what's cracking? Not my arm right?"

"Don't say that again." She looks at him in disgust. "But I do need to talk to you." She shoves her phone in her pocket.

"I am still working on the chemistry worksheet," He explains. "I want to make sure all of the calculations are-"

"No," she takes a step closer placing her hands on his chest. "It's not that."

"Oh uhh what umm.." Demetri has never been this close to Yasmine or any girl for that matter so this made him a stuttering mess. "Y-you umm uh.."

She chuckles before looking up at him. "I hate to say this but I've been thinking a lot about you lately."

"Uhh me?" Demetri cocks an eyebrow, pointing at himself with his left index finger in disbelief. "Thinking about the, umm the teenager in front of you?"

"Yeah," she rolls her eyes. "Stop being a weirdo about it."

"Well to be quite honest I've never expected that to come out of the mouth of Yasmine the pretty rich girl."

"Is that what I am to you?"

"I mean that and you're really sweet underneath all that sarcasm and gossip girl attitude." Demetri breathes out.

"Well I think you're kinda cool..." She hesitates for a moment. "Underneath all that— awkwardness and nerdiness and cowardice and social anxiety and-"

"Oh, please do keep going," Demetri said sarcastically. "I love being reminded of my flaws on a daily."

"Shut up." She rolls her eyes and pulls Demetri into a sloppy kiss.

Demetri's eyes shot open, back stiffened and brows raised in utter shock. He was still as a rock unable to process what was happening right now. The girl of his dreams, the hottest girl in school, the girl he watched from afar, the girl he was rejected by several times was kissing him, willingly.

Yasmine pulls away with a puzzled expression.

"W-wow... umm.. uhh I..." Demetri smiled as he stumbled on his words. "That.. that was..."

Nothing.

I felt absolutely nothing.

He didn't know why. He just kissed the girl he's always wanted and all he feels is emptiness. No butterflies, no fireworks, no floating in the sky, nothing. It was nothing.

"You're not a great kisser." Yasmine confessed. "But we can change that."

"Wait so are we uhh umm..." Demetri was beyond confused now. "We're a thing?"

"If you want us to be."

"I- I... can I kiss you one more time before I answer that?"

She nods and Demetri awkwardly tilts his head to the side, closing the gap between the two. Yasmine returns the kiss softly. Nothing. Why? Demetri tilts his head to the other side to get a better angle. Nothing. Yasmine opens her mouth inviting Demetri in and he eagerly complies. He explores her mouth searching for something, anything really. Nothing. Yasmine pushes Demetri against the wall by the lockers so less people could see them. Normally this would be Demetri's kind of thing. He enjoyed those make out scenes in comics and movies especially by the school lockers. It was just a nerdy fantasy he always had. Unfortunately for Demetri it wasn't as amazing as he thought it would be. Nothing. This wasn't supposed to be like this. Demetri pulls Yasmine in closer, their bodies touching now. Him and Yasmine swirl their tongues fighting for dominance. Demetri opened his eyes to see Yasmine really into their make out session, her eyes completely shut the entire time. He needed to enjoy this. This was his first kiss...