Hawk

After a long weekend of not knowing anything about his bestfriend, Demetri was desperate to go back to school. Demetri hadn't seen him on the school bus or at his locker. Something was wrong and Demetri needed to know as soon as possible. After several long hours it was finally lunch time and he was eager to ask Miguel anything he knew. Demetri entered the cafeteria, grabbing his food and darted to the table he shared with Miguel, who was already nibbling at his sandwich. Demetri dropped the tray abruptly onto the table and sat in front of the other teen. Miguel quickly noticed Demetri's distress and had to ask, "Dude you alright?"

"No!" Demetri snapped. "I know absolutely nothing about Eli and it's driving me insane."

"He didn't come to school?" He questions.

"No, he didn't." The worried teen nervously taps his foot on the floor. "I called and messaged him the entire weekend and this morning. I've gotten nothing."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, he hasn't responded to me either."

"No Miguel." Demetri says with some sternness in his tone. "It doesn't. In fact it makes me more concerned."

Miguel's lips form a straight line before speaking. "He's probably sick or just didn't feel like coming."

"Eli would have said something." Demetri continues in a pessimistic manner. "Oh God what if he got hurt or something?"

"By what?" Miguel raised an eyebrow. "It's not like someone bullies him at home."

"You wouldn't understand!" Demetri says a little loudly causing some people to turn in their direction.

"Dude relax." Miguel placed his hand gently on Demetri's shoulder reassuringly. "I'm sure he's okay."

"You said he left karate early," Demetri ignored Miguel. "What if an emergency happened?"

"He left cause sensei was talking about his lip."

"Oh and that's so much better!" Demetri's voice full of sarcasm. "I told Eli not to go anymore."

"Let me text him." Miguel pulls out his phone and sends Eli a message.

Demetri begins to bite his fingernails whilst tapping his left foot on the floor. After waiting for about 5 minutes Demetri shook his head. "He's not gonna respond."

"He's probably busy." He insists.

Demetri clicks his tongue as he pulled out his phone. He began to spam more messages to his best friend who was clearly not going to answer any time soon. Before they knew it lunch was over and nothing was heard from Eli.

*timelapse*

Miguel and Demetri met up like they always did after school but they still had no news from Eli. Demetri was close to experiencing a panic attack but he calmed himself down as he knew how to from the many times he had to calm Eli down from his attacks. After a while the two parted ways and Demetri went to his house asking his mom if she could contact Mrs. Moskowitz and she wasn't responding either. This whole situation was killing Demetri ever so slowly. Demetri decided to call it quits for now and start his homework however Eli was still on his mind.

*meanwhile*

Miguel was at the dojo as usual hearing Johnny go on about being badass and whatever else he always talked about. Honestly Miguel was a bit concerned for Eli too and wondered if he would show up for practice ever again. This was not the time to panic though, he had to pay attention to the sensei in front of him.

"Just like a cobra," The sensei continued his speech. "I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power and you guys will too."

The bell of the front door rang as the door flung open revealing some teen sporting a blue mohawk. Johnny welcomed the new recruit. Miguel appreciated the fact that more students were joining the dojo since sensei Lawrence needed- wait. Upon closer inspection, the teen looked awfully familiar. Miguel had to stare for two extra seconds before being able to recognize the teen who was approaching the mats. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and utter shock.