Yoshi

It was the next day which was a Thursday. Nothing really that special has happened but it was finally lunch time. Eli and Demetri had gotten their trays of lunch and sat at their usual seats. Miguel was already their eating his lunch patiently waiting for the two of them.

"Hey guys." Miguel greeted the two friends.

"Hey Miguel." Demetri greeted.

Eli smiled and waved at him.

"I'm glad you're alright, Eli." Miguel smiles. "Next time we'll be by your side if Brucks is around."

"Thanks." Eli muttered.

"Everyone I'd like to have your attention please." Some lady with a mic spoke with her voice coming out of a speaker. "I wanted to make some announcements today."

"Counselor Blatt is making announcements?" Asked Demetri. "Why?"

"Hmm I don't know." Miguel responded while taking a sip of his milk.

Everyone in the cafeteria was fairly quiet but they all seemed disinterested in what this lady had to say. Students on their phones while others stared into space.

"I wanted to address an issue that has been going on in our school." She speaks into the microphone. "Bullying is strictly prohibited in this school."

Eli nervously played with the bottom hemline of his collared shirt. Oh boy. Eli tried not to show his discomfort to Miguel and Demetri. He awkwardly stared at his tray of food listening to the counselor.

"This also applies to the internet as well." She continued. "Cyber bullying is also prohibited."

Demetri studied Eli who was staring into space. He remembered what happened last night and it made his chest sting. His conversation with Eli ended on a good note but he still couldn't get the thought out of his mind that Eli hurt himself because of this. Miguel was oblivious to what Eli did to himself but was aware of the cruel comments online. He took a few glances at Eli then back at his food. He knew this was about Eli.

"Sending a cruel message online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face."

Oh God.

Miguel looked at the lady who was speaking and so did Demetri. Eli tried not to even so much as glance at the school counselor.

"I'm not gonna name names..."

Don't.

Eli couldn't help it and looked up at the lady who was giving this dreadful speech. She seemed genuine but it was just cringey for Eli to watch or even listen to.

"But the other day a mother called me up..."

Oh God no.

"Because her son was crying..."

NO.

Eli looked away. He couldn't take it anymore. He looked around to see some students glancing at him.

"after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

FUCK!

Eli could feel the stares from everyone in the cafeteria. Without thinking he covered his lip nervously trying to prevent the stares. However this made it worst for Eli. It only confirmed everyone's thoughts. Demetri felt his heart rip in half upon seeing Eli. His bestfriend was not only embarrassed but hurt. This was too much for him. This was humiliating. Demetri could feel the secondhand embarrassment. Miguel turned to look at Eli giving him a sympathetic look.

"But today our goal here is to make this school a safe place for all students."

Sure. Next time tell my bullies and the rest of the school Eli Moskowitz has a facial deformity that everyone makes fun of.