Pay for it

Hawk knew attending karate was causing issues between him and his mother. However he was so invested in Cobra Kai and seeking revenge for his friend Miguel, and that was all that really mattered. Upon arriving at the dojo he expected to learn some new techniques to improve his skills. Instead they were greeted with a new friend which was a small hamster. Hawk thought it was pretty cute and would want to pet it however he wouldn't let anyone know that. Afterwards they were introduced to a snake and that's when it went downhill. Cobra Kai lost half their students because they couldn't bare to see the hamster be devoured by a snake. Luckily Hawk didn't object despite his inner thoughts screaming not to let this tiny creature be murdered by the other. He understood Sensei Kreese's motives but losing students right now didn't seem like a great idea after karate being banned from many people's lives. He needed to have a word with Sensei Kreese. While the other students were left practicing Hawk decided it was a good time to speak with him. He bravely walks into his Sensei's office, immediately getting his attention.

"Are you sad to see your little friends go?" Kreese asks curiously.

"No Sensei." Hawk shakes his head.

"Go on you can speak freely son." Hearing that made Hawk more comfortable. Something his father would never do for him.

"Is this the right time to make cuts?" Hawk asks freely."We're already down students from the school fight."

"This is addition by subtraction." Explained Kreese. "A true cobra feels no sympathy for its meal."

Hawk raised his brows with a hint of disapproval.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

"No Sensei." Quickly Hawk denied. "I just don't understand the plan..." he admitted. "With Miyagi Do shutting down we might be able to get some new recruits."

"In due time." Agreed Sensei as he lights up his cigar. "First we're gonna need to strengthen our core with Diaz out... we're gonna need a new champion." He looks at Hawk dead in the eyes. "Someone with no fear and no mercy."

Upon hearing those words a grin formed on Hawk's previously concerned face. He knew he could be that student. Hawk had no fear. Hawk had no mercy. Hawk could be the champion and he will.

*timelapse*

Karate training was over Hawk decided to make his way over to the hospital as he got the amazing call that Miguel had finally woke up. It was honestly the best news he's heard all month and it also gave him an excuse not to go back to his obnoxious home. The best part was he could arrive there in no time with his new motorcycle. During the weeks off school Hawk decided to get a motorcycle license after receiving his driving one. It was a brand new bike so he arrived at the hospital quickly. An immense amount of joy took over his entire being upon entering the building. He couldn't wait to see his best friend awake and well after being out for weeks. Without hesitation Hawk dashes to Miguel's floor and room number. With a huge grin plastered on his face he appears in front of the door. 
"El Serpiente!"

Unfortunately his happiness didn't last very long. As the first thing or person, rather, he saw was Sam. Instantaneously his eyes narrowed giving her a menacing glare. Sam whispered something to Miguel before exchanging goodbyes. She awkwardly exits the room but Hawk couldn't keep his thoughts to himself. He had to let her know how he felt.

"Ya got some nerve coming here." Hawk spoke quietly so Miguel couldn't hear but loud enough to sound hostile. "After what your boyfriend did to him."

"I don't care what you think." Sam spat. "I just wanna help."

"I'm sure you've done enough, princess." Hawk chuckled sarcastically before walking over to his friend.

"Hey bro!" He greets him with their signature handshake.