Quiver

Hawk shot up in bed, sweat beading on his forehead. He tried to control his rapid breathing as the screams from his dream still echoed in his head. His stomach began to churn again at the image of Demetri on the floor, clutching his arm that he'd broken. Him, Hawk, he'd done that to someone he'd at one point called his best friend, his only friend at that.

He couldn't even completely blame it on peer pressure from the other Cobras, something flared inside of him whenever he looked at Demetri, an anger he couldn't explain or suppress. It was like Demetri was a constant reminder of Hawk's past and it was proving to become a weakness at this point. He needed it gone as soon as possible, but a fog had seemed to clear when he'd hurt him to such an extreme extent. When he'd hurt others before and always had some justification for it but with Demetri everything even saying he was Hawk's weakness wasn't a good enough justification. Nothing really was. Now Demetri Alexopoulos was hurt, he was in a hospital and all because of Hawk, he'd been in so much pain and he'd done that and what did Hawk do? He left him there

He wiped the sweat from his face aggressively. What had he done? And what the hell was he becoming? He tightened his hands into fists and pressed them against his eyes, he was just so furious. His eyes burned, a lump forming in his throat. He wouldn't cry, that was what his enemies would want. The sound of bone breaking echoed in his ears and it made him feel nauseous. He threw his cover off and immediately he was met with another weakness of his. His boxer briefs were stained and covered in his own bodily fluids. Savagely he gets up and shoves his night stand onto the floor waking up his mother in the process. She called out for him but he honestly didn't hear her. He only heard the sounds of anguish cries and a bone chilling crack echoing in his mind. All he saw was the UV blue light from the arcade and the haunting voices cheering him. Sooner or later they stopped and he could hear his mother knocking on the door of his room, jiggling the door knob attempting to open his door. Hawk takes a good look around to see most of his furniture broken with pieces scattered across the room. He hadn't remembered doing any of this but he knew it couldn't have been anyone else. The knocking on the door grew louder and Hawk covered his ears with his hands to silence the sound.

"STOP!" Hawk cried.

This was going to be a long sleepless night for both Hawk and his mother.

*timelapse*

Despite absolutely everything going wrong, Hawk decided it was still a bright idea to go to Karate practice the next day. His mother had been begging him not to go after receiving angry voicemails from Ms. Alexopoulos. She was set on getting a restraining order filed against Hawk but his mother begged her not to as to not ruin her son's record. Hawk's mother couldn't believe that her son could have broken Demetri's arm, that was not only his best friend but his only and first friend. Her son never admitted to the harmful act but he never denied it and everyone knows that Eli was not a good liar. Still, Hawk ignored all of the threats from both his and Demetri's mother, going to Cobra Kai anyway. He was in pain still from his father's beat down but he couldn't let that hold him back.

Upon entering the dojo Hawk was met with claps and pats on the back as if he did the most noble act in the entire Valley. Of course that was far from the truth. Mitch was telling everyone who wasn't at the Golf'N'Stuff what happened that night which luckily distracted people from asking about the small bruises on Hawk's left cheek.

"There's the man!" Mitch fist bumped Hawk before continuing. "Man it was so sick! Tory was kickin' ass. I took care of Chris!"

Hawk just stood there listening to Mitch as did the other Cobras.

"And Hawk got that beta Demetri in an arm bar like Chris Jericho and just..." he paused for dramatic effect and made a cracking sound similar to the sound of the bone echoing in the laser tag room, while mimicking Hawk's movements. Hawk flinched a bit as the memory replayed in his mind.