Not so Secret

Thank God it was a long weekend after prom night. It gave Eli some time to mentally recover from that evening. He still couldn't believe he confessed his darkest secret so bluntly. He was so drunk and emotionally unstable. Nobody with a clear mind would have confessed the way he did. Eli turned off his phone the entire weekend to avoid any unwanted or uncomfortable conversations with his best friend regarding his sexual orientation. However it was already Monday afternoon and he needed to return back to school the next day. It was a sunny afternoon and Eli was stuck in his room staring at the ceiling contemplating if Demetri had told anyone about his disgusting interests. Eli's imagination began to roam wild. Will he tell our friends I'm gay? Is he going to tell our senseis I'm gay? Does he think I enjoyed our make out sessions? Does he... does he know I love him? Eli groans as he smacks his palm against his forehead.

Suddenly knocking sounds could be heard from afar. Eli sat up from his bed to listen closely. The sounds seem to be coming from the front door of his home. That's strange. His parents weren't home at the moment and weren't supposed to be back yet. His mother should be working and his dad should be coming back at night or who knows when. Then the thought of Demetri being on the other side of the door frightened him. Eli sat quietly on his bed hoping it was quiet enough for whoever was at the other side of that door would think nobody was home. Another knock could be heard. Then it hit him. If it was Demetri he'd know about the garden gnome key.

Who the hell is it?

The knock could be heard but this time with more force.

"Eli I know you're home." The familiar voice called out. "It's me Miguel."

Hesitantly Eli made his way to the door. Did he know? Already? This was it. Everyone probably knew and he was done for. Everyone will hate him and kick him out of their dojos. It's all over. His life was over. Either way he needed to confront his demons sooner or later but not with his bullies and most certainly not Demetri. Him and Demetri were most likely never going to be friends again after this. It would be too awkward.

"Eli?"

Eli snapped out of his thoughts. "Are you alone?"

"Yes, it's just me."

With that Eli quickly bit the bullet and yanked open the door. There stood Miguel just like he said all by himself. Thank God. Then again Miguel wasn't one to lie.

"Hey..." was all Eli said as he moved to the side letting Miguel in.

"Where have you been?" Miguel asked with a mix of worry and irritation in his voice. "You know the All Valley is this Saturday. Why haven't you been at practice these past couple of days?"

"I know. I'm sorry." The blonde teen sighed.

"Did something happen?" The taller teen questioned. "After prom you've been gone."

"J-just busy with stuff." Eli walked away towards his room.

Miguel followed him to his room. "With what? If I may ask."

"Parents and stuff..." Eli was a bad liar and everyone knew that including Miguel.

"Are you sure?" He steps closer to Eli. "Now that I think about it after prom Demetri hasn't been himself either."

Eli swallowed the small lump that had formed in his throat.

"Did something happen between the two of you?" The tan boy questioned.

"W-what makes you say that?"

"Well, he's been quiet and you and I both know that's not normal."

As ridiculous as that sounded Eli knew he was right. Demetri wasn't one to stay silent. He loved to talk and ramble on about things that don't matter. Eli sighed unable to even give a proper response to that. At least he could rest assured that Demetri hadn't spoken about what happened that night.