Cut the crap

"I am telling you that your sensei wanted us to jump from one building to another and you want me to tell you how to catch a fish?" Demetri shrieked in the high school hallway.

Demetri still couldn't get over the shock of seeing Sam run to the ledge to jump to the other roof. She'd landed with a bright, self-satisfied smile, but it had scared him to death. He didn't want to experience another near death experience. It would have been the third one in the span of a year. Now he couldn't help thinking that the rest of his training with Sensei Lawrence was going to be more and more terrible, like being thrown into a pool tied up or being chased by hungry dogs, like some of the training that Eli had told him about. But his friend seemed more concerned about the assignment Mr. LaRusso had left them.

"I'm telling you, I spent the rest of the afternoon in the fish tank at the restaurant and couldn't catch any," Eli repeated stubbornly shaking his head, his now purple hair catching Demetri's attention. He had to admit he loved the new look. The color suited him. Demetri couldn't help but stare at his beautiful friend. He was suddenly brought back to reality when Eli spoke up. "How is it done?"

Demetri looked at him puzzled. He hadn't expected him to take Miyagi Do training so seriously.

"I can't give you spoilers or some cheat code," he finally replied, though he was holding back a 'who are you and what did you do with my friend?'

They continued to walk away from the lockers with Demetri's home as their destination in mind. His response earned him an incredulous look in return.

"You told me about the blocks after you sanded the deck," he reminded the other.

Demetri felt like he couldn't raise his eyebrows any higher.

"That's different, you had already learned it, you just didn't know it!" Demetri responded. "You have to solve this. At least you and your partners. I can't really reveal it."

He wouldn't be the one to mess up Mr. LaRusso's planning. Besides, it wasn't like they were going to do the same activities that he had once done with Sam, Robby and the others.

"But you did it?" Eli insisted. "Did you catch a koi fish?"

Demetri laughed and looked away from him.

"It's not like Mr. LaRusso follows a single training plan with everyone. You know... It's not like there is a Miyagi Do learning curriculum that includes specific activities." Demetri adjusted the backpack straps on his shoulders. "Repeat some... and create some new ones. It's not like you guys were made to jump from one building to another by Sensei Lawrence, right?"

He was pretty sure Eli wouldn't have kept quiet about it if he had. The comment earned him a snort from his friend, who let himself hunch over a bit.

"I mean at least we avoided a fight yesterday." Demetri added before giggling. "They were absolutely drenched."

"Like a bunch of wet cats." Eli comments. "They deserved what was coming to them. Especially after brainwashing some little kid into their dojo."

"I mean that's Cobra Kai for ya." The brunette pulled out his iPad. "Actually I need to show you about that ponytail Sensei at the dojo."

"A new sensei?" Eli shrugged his shoulder glancing at Demetri's iPad. "You looked him up?"

"You know me too well." He replied googling the man's name.

"Terry Silver?" Eli read the name off his tablet.

"Indeed." He clicked the enter button and immediately he got multiple results about the man. He seemed to be filthy rich. Why would he need to run a dojo?