It's me

Warning! Please mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for this chapter. It shouldn't be a surprise but please do read with caution.

The rest of the week flew by, none of the dojos bothered each other as counselor Blatt was on high alert especially during lunch and gym periods which was really the only time either of them could strike. On Saturday Hawk and the Cobras planned to hang out at the Golf'N'Stuff in the evening since they had a long week of non stop training at the dojo.
Meanwhile Sam was stuck at home as well as Demetri after attending their first Saturday detention.

When nightfall came Hawk met up with the other Cobras. Upon entering the building they began to cause havoc, stealing tokens from younger kids and teen girls. After bullying random people they made their way to the prize exchange desk. Hawk saw Chris standing there in uniform and the smile that was on his face quickly diminished.

"Hey buddy!" He slammed all of his tokens sloppily onto the counter.

"Hey prize wench." Mitch taunted.

"What do you guys want?" Chris asked obviously annoyed.

"Well, to spend our hard-earned tickets, of course." The sarcasm in Hawk's voice wasn't even subtle. "Why don't you be a good girl and grab us one of those bobble heads?"

Not wanting to lose his job, Chris did as he was told and climbed up the small stairs to reach the bobble heads. Hawk jumped over the counter grabbing a bunch of random prizes. He then instructed his goons to help steal them from the shelves.

"Hey!" Chris climbed down but before he could stop them they began to run out of the room.

"Thanks, Chris!" Mitch announced. "Tell your mom I miss her."

"Yeah, tell her to stop calling me." Hawk added before making an obscene gesture with one of the prizes.

Chris pulled out his phone and texted the Miyagi Do group chat.

Chris: "NOW COBRA KAI'S MESSING WITH ME AT WORK!"

Demetri received the text and immediately he exhaled not knowing what to type back.

Sam: "On my way."

"Oh no..." Demetri brushed his hair back in distress.

Nate: "Me too"

Soon a bunch of messages came in agreeing to meet up at the Golf'N'Stuff. Out of loyalty to Miyagi Do, Demetri responded back.

Demetri: "On my merry way too."

Demetri exit his room and was met with his mother on the way.

"Where are you going Deme-bear?" She asked while washing the dishes.

"I'm going to Golf'N'Stuff with friends." He responds walking over to the front door rapidly, trying to avoid her interrogation.

"Are Eli and his delinquents going to be there?" She turned towards her son without hesitation.

"No." Demetri responded in a whisper.

"Are you lying to me, Demetri?" She folds her arms not believing her son.

"Why would I hang out with him or any of them?" Demetri defends. "After all the drama?"

"You always had a soft spot for Eli," she shrugged her shoulders. "Even now I know you still care for him."

Demetri's lips form a straight line unable to deny that. "I'll be okay, mom."

"Promise me, Demetri."