Rude Awakening

*TRIGGER WARNING MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND ATTEMPTS *
PLEASE DO NOT READ IF IT IS TOO TRIGGERING FOR YOU. IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO OR HAVE FEELINGS OF HARMING YOURSELF PLEASE CALL 800-273-8255 OR TEXT HOME TO 741741. YOU ARE PRECIOUS AND DO NOT LET ANYONE TELL YOU YOU'RE NOT. YOU'RE WORTH IT ♡♡♡

♡.................................................♡

It was finally Friday and everyone was so over school this week. A lot has happened in just one week and they were simply tired of it. Eli had spent the entire day avoiding Demetri, skipping lunch, sitting somewhere else in robotics, and making Nate sit between him and Demetri. Demetri didn't even attempt to start a conversation because he wanted to give Eli space after what happened yesterday but he did find himself glancing and staring a couple of times at his friend who looked absolutely miserable. When school was finally over Demetri made his way to his locker and on his way he bumped into Miguel like usual.

"Hey dude." Miguel walked over to Demetri.

"Hey Miguel." Demetri waves at his friend as he continued his path with Miguel following beside him.

"I haven't seen Eli all day," Miguel commented. "Is he okay?"

"We had a bit of an argument yesterday." He sighed. "After our lovely karate class."

Miguel felt a tinge of guilt build up in his interior. "Was it because of sensei calling the both of you out?"

"Kind of," Demetri explained. "I mean I kinda said a couple of things that may have bothered him."

"I mean just apologize to him." He suggests. "I'm sure he'll understand."

"It's hard when he's avoiding you all day."

"Tell him when we get to to the dojo."

Demetri grimaced as he shook his head. "Not happening since I'm not attending such torture ever again."

"What do you mean?"

"I quit karate." He said bluntly.

Miguel shook his head in disbelief. "You can't quit."

"I got yelled at." Demetri spoke in an almost offended tone. "I got my ass kicked and then gave him my money."

Miguel couldn't find a good response to that.

"You know who lives like that?" He continued. "Hookers."

"Yeah but he's not that bad of a guy." Defends Miguel. "You gotta give him a chance. You don't know him like I do."

"Ah that's hooker talk." Demetri raises his left index finger in confirmation.
"Besides I don't need to learn karate when I have you."

Demetri then spots Kyler walking down the staircase with a disturbing bruise on his face. He gestures over to the bully for Miguel to see. The three made eye contact and hesitantly Kyler turned the opposite direction.

"See?" Demetri insists. "Nobody's gonna mess with you."

Miguel nodded defeatedly. Demetri did have a point but what was he going to do when Miguel wasn't around? That is the question. Well for now Demetri was Miguel's shadow in the hallways especially since he was alone. Eli was no where to be found. Demetri and Miguel soon parted ways since one was going to the dojo and the other was going nowhere important. He had the urge to go to the dojo just to see if his friend was there but he knew that if he went he would have to stay during the class too. That was not something he was willing to put up with, plus he still needed to give Eli his much needed space. With that Demetri made his way home. Once he arrived home he received a text from Miguel.