Liar

After a long night of playing games with his best friend he was still sleeping despite it being 10 am. A soft knock could be heard from the other side of the bedroom door. A groan escaped the teen's mouth as he covered his face with his pillow.

"Eli sweetheart it's already 10 am."

Eli didn't move an inch slowly falling asleep again. His mother decided to walk into the bedroom.

"This is why playing games all night is not good." She walked over to Eli. "Come on sweetie breakfast is ready."

"Mmm.." Eli gently pulled the pillow out of his face and saw his mother.

"Sweetie go eat." She starts to remove the covers that were over Eli. "I left you clean pants and underwear in the bathroom."

His mother's words caused him to wake up a bit more. He sat up to see he once again wet his bed. Eli frowned as he usually did and got up from his bed making his way to the bathroom. Quickly, Eli changed into his dry underwear and jeans. Once finished he brushed his teeth and hair like he does every morning. Afterwards he walked into the dining room to see a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon with some juice. While his mom fixed his bed, he began to eat. Eli ws starving so he didn't take long to devour his breakfast.

"Eli your phone buzzed." His mom said loudly so he could hear her from where she was.

"Oh." Eli stood up and walked over to his bedroom.

"It's probably Demetri." She passed him the phone.

"Of course it is." Eli grabbed his phone. "Nobody else texts me."

His mom gave him a cheerless expression. "That's because you need to give your number out to more friends."

"I don't have more."

With that Eli walked away and opened his new text messages from Demetri.

Hey I just woke up. Too much intense gaming had me oversleep. 10:32 am

So what time ya wanna head to the park? 10:33 am

Eli smiled and began to type his response.

We can go whenever you're ready. Maybe grab lunch and stuff together. 10:33 am

His phone buzzed shortly aftwerwards.

I'm free right now so just say the word. 10:34 am

Eli quickly replied before putting his phone away.

I'm on my way. 10:34 am

The teen hurried to his bedroom and rummaged through his dresser.

"Going to Demetri's?" Mrs. Moskowitz asked.

"Probably later." He pulled a plain red shirt out. "We're going to the park first."

"Sounds fun."

"Yeah." He changed into his clean shirt and tossed the used one on the chair.

"Okay but don't leave just yet." She smiles as she walked over to the dining room.

"Hm?" He follows behind her.

She grabs her wallet from the table and pulls out two twenty dollar bills. "Here take this."

"Mom it's okay I have some cash from last time."

"Just take it sweetheart." She places the money in his hand. "Have fun."

"Th-thanks mom." He smiles and shoves the money in his pocket.

"If you sleep over Demetri's let me know."

He nodds. She places a soft kiss on his forehead. Eli pulls his mom into a soft hug and she returns it.