Little secret

Feelings were revealed, weights have been lifted. Demetri and Eli finally confessed their feelings for one another. Eli expected rejection and much worse, isolation. Instead he received everything he longed for. Demetri's support, integrity and most importantly love. He couldn't believe it when Demetri admitted to having the same feelings as him let alone for so long. The two walked together with so many emotions that have been bottled up for what felt like centuries. They arrive at Demetri's house agreeing that it was the better option considering how unstable Eli's home can be. Demetri escorts Eli to his room as they always did back then. His mother wasn't home which was perfect since the two needed alone time to further express themselves. The teens sit on opposites sides of the bed and take a moment to gather their thoughts.

"Eli..."

"Deme..."

They both said in unison causing them to chuckle.

"You go first..." Eli said quickly.

"Obviously." Demetri rolled his eyes knowing Eli would tell him that. "Umm... since when?"

"What?"

"Since when did you have feelings for me?" Demetri asked cautiously.

Eli blushed, tugging at his hoodie strings. "I-I umm I-"

Demetri gently placed his hand on top of Eli's and firmly holding on. Eli looks up at his beloved, seeing a sweet smile form on his lips. "Take your time, Eli. I'm here for you but I'm sure you already knew that."

Eli returns a relieved smile before taking a deep breath. "I- I think since we m-met... I-..."

Demetri listened patiently to his loved one with immense compassion. He tried to hide his surprise as he never expected it to have started that far.

"I.. never had a friend." Eli's gaze were on their hands. "You never judged me or said anything about my l-lip."

Demetri's smile faded as he noticed Eli shrinking into himself like he used to when distressed.

"You made me feel important and safe." The bashful teen quivered slightly. "I was scared to go to school and home, but-but you made me want to go.. so w-we could do stuff together." Tears escaped Eli's eyes falling onto Demetri's hand. "I wanted to die... but you always made me want to stay... and-"

Demetri crawled over to Eli's side of the bed and curled his arms around the vulnerable teen into a warm and safe embrace. Eli melts into the other's arms instantly, burying his face in the crook of the other's neck.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, Demetri." Eli cried. "I didn't want to l-love you and I'm so sorry!"

"Shhh, it's okay." Demetri cooed, rubbing circles on Eli's back. "I'm actually so glad you love me, Eli."

"Really?" Eli squeaked.

"You have no idea, Eli." Demetri pulled away wiping Eli's tears with his thumb. "I loved you for just as long but I never wanted to admit it. Not even to myself."

"Were you scared?" Asked Eli leaning into his touch.

"I was fucking terrified." Demetri lets out a breathy laugh. "I didn't want to love another guy. I thought I liked women but I guess not." Demetri confesses with Eli's attention all on him. "I sure as heck didn't want to ruin our friendship but..." Demetri places his hand on Eli's cheek. "I couldn't resist you."

Eli's face flushed a bright red at the confession.

"The whole practicing was just for me to see if I really did like guys and well here we are..." Demetri pulls away scratching the back of his head timidly.

"B-but what about Yasmine?" Eli tested the waters.

"Well the idea of her was better than actually dating her." Demetri admits almost sadly. "I was so fixated on wanting to date her in attempts to salvage my masculinity... it didn't work." Demetri laughed getting a small giggle from the other.

"I-I think you're very masculine..." muttered Eli.

"Oh please." Demetri rolled his eyes. "Wait a minute... what about Moon?" He asked curiously.

"Erm... well I guess it was the same thing..." Eli sighed. "I never really felt a connection with her... and umm well I-I never liked girls." Eli pouts almost ashamed of it. "B-but I never liked boys either... b-but I do like the idea of being with a boy if it's you."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of Eli." Demetri scoots closer to his love.

"W-what are we, Demetri?" The small teen questions.

"What do you mean?"

"Like are we f-friends or... umm you know..." Eli was as red as the roses in the dining room table.

"Oh right..." Demetri stands up and for a brief moment before getting on one knee.

Eli watches nervously as the taller teen reaches out for his hand and intertwines their fingers.

"Eli Moskowitz will you be my boyfriend?"

"D-Deme..."

"I love you and I want to be with you."

"Are you sure?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't, Eli."

"Y-Yes but we can't tell anyone..." Eli practically begged. "Please."

For a moment Demetri's smile falters but the memories of Eli's father popped into his mind. Fuck. Aside from the other guys bullying them for the rest of their lives, Eli's father would make Eli's life more of a living hell than it already is. This was a start of something new for the both of them and it was something not socially acceptable at least around where they lived. They most certainly had to keep it a secret at least for the mean time.

"Agreed but on one condition." Demetri inches closer to his lovers face. "Kiss me."

Eli grins stupidly like a child getting candy. They connect their lips sealing their new profound love for each other.