Chapter 35

Braylyn's POV
After we left the psychologist office, the boys took me to a Walmart to get a journal. They also picked out a mini, wooden box for me.

"So what's the wooden box for?" I asked them confused.

"It's going to be a 'worry' box," Louis stated.

"What?" I questioned.

"It's so you can write the things you're worried about and put them in the box. Then we can read them together whenever you want. Once you feel the worry has been solved, we'll rip and throw that worry away," Harry explained to me.

"Okay. I like that idea," I said.

"You can pick out anything you want to decorate your box," Niall told me as we walked through the aisles.

"Sounds fine," I agreed.

I picked out some paints and markers for my box. I decided to let Zoey help me decorate it, since she loves doing art.

After paying, we walked back to the car and got situated inside.

"Are you hungry?" Zayn asked me as he started driving.

"Not really," I mumbled.

"Please try to eat something later, Bray. You need food in you," Louis said.

I'm mentally drained right now. There are so many thoughts running around my head that I just need to write out.

Tired, I let out a yawn.

"You can go to sleep, darling, if you would like to," Liam told me.

I laid my head on Harry's lap and my legs across Niall's lap but stayed hesitant. I don't know why.

"It's alright, love. Just go to sleep," Harry spoke gently and began to stroke my hair.

I slowly closed my eyes and finally drifted to sleep.

My mother and I were sitting on a tree branch. She was explaining to me the various types of clouds.

"Mommy, why do people die?" I asked my mother out of no where.

"Why do you ask, sweetheart?" My mother looked at me concerned.

"A friend of mine's grandpa passed away last weekend," I told her.

"I'm sorry to hear that, darling," my mother hugged me.

"So why do people die?" I asked again.

"Well, it's because they reach a certain age where they have bad health and become sick," my mother began to explain.

"But even young, healthy people die," I stated.

"Yes, that's true. Sometimes God takes the innocent people early so they can be with Him," my mother brushed my hair back.

"So you mean to heaven?" Little me asked.

"Yes, to heaven," my mother responded.

"Then they fly high as angels with beautiful wings and halos!" I giggled.

"Yes!" My mother smiled and bopped my nose.

"Mommy, do you think everything happens for a reason?" I now asked her.

"I do think everything happens for a reason whether we realize or not. That's why you have to look through things."

"Some things will hurt, betray, and make us cry. Some things will teach us a lesson, not to change us, but to make us become a better person."