Chapter 49

Zoey's POV
We're one hour away from Liam's family's house. I'm extremely excited!

"Can you believe it, Zoey? You're meeting my family for the first time," Liam grinned happily.

"Yes," I responded. "I want to make a good impression on them. Do they want me to call them 'sir' and 'ma'am' or  'Mr. and Mrs. Payne'? What if I say something wrong? Do you think—," I rambled.

"Marshie, listen to me. My family is going to love you. Just be yourself," Liam cut me off.

"Be myself. Got it," I nodded. "May I please have two Oreos?"

"Normally, I would say yes, but I want you to save your appetite for when we arrive. My mum is fixing lunch once we get there," Liam explained.

"Gotcha," I nodded in understanding.

"In the meantime, can you please take a little nap for me? It's going to be a long day, and you need rest, babe," Liam told me.

"Sure. I'll try," I made myself comfortable in the passenger seat.

"I love you, Zoey," Liam said.

"I love you too, Liam," I whispered back. With that, I closed my eyes and let darkness overtake me.

~~~
"Zoey, darling, wake up," I felt Liam shaking me.

I immediately woke up and raised up in my seat. I looked out my window.

"We're here, marshie," Liam showed me.

"Ooh! Yay!" I giggled.

"Come on," Liam and I got out of the car, and he held my hand. Together, we approached the front door.

"Can I ring the doorbell?" I asked.

"Of course love," Liam grinned.

I rung the doorbell. I heard footsteps approaching. A few seconds later, the door opened, and a man and a woman stepped out.

"Liam! It's great to see you, dear," the woman embraced Liam and kissed his head.

"It's nice to see you too, mum," Liam hugged her.

"How's our big boy doing?" The man, Liam's father, embraced Liam into a bear hug.

"Just great dad," Liam grinned. "I have someone I would like you two to meet," he now gestured to me.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Payne. I'm Zoey," I held out my hand, trying to be as polite as possible.

"Aww. It's nice to meet you, dearie," Mrs. Payne shook my hand.

"You're so well-mannered," Mr. Payne smiled.

"Thank you," I giggled.

"Please come inside. Nicola and Ruth are excited to see you all," Mrs. Payne motioned Liam and me. We entered the house.

"Liam! It's so great to see you!" Two women, whom I'm guessing are Liam's sisters, appeared and hugged Liam.

"It's nice to see you all too, Nicola and Ruth," Liam hugged them.

"Liam, is this the cutie you've been texting us about nonstop?" One of the ladies gestured to me.

"Yes. This is Zoey, the little girl I've adopted," Liam motioned me. "Zoey, this is Ruth and Nicola," he showed me.

"Hello. I'm Zoey," I introduced myself and held out my hand to them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Zoey," Nicola smiled as she shook my hand.

"Liam has told us so much about you. Mostly that you're energetic, cute, giggle a lot, and adore art," Ruth told me.

"Yes ma'am. That's me," I giggled.